The L7809CD2T-TR is a three-terminal positive regulators is available in TO-220, TO-220FP, TO-3, D²PAK and DPAK packages and several fixed output voltages, making it useful in a wide range of applications. These regulators can provide local on-card regulation, eliminating the distribution problems associated with single point regulation. Each type employs internal current limiting, thermal shut-down and safe area protection, making it essentially indestructible.
If adequate heat sinking is provided, they can deliver over 1 A output current. Although designed primarily as fixed voltage regulators, these devices can be used with external components to obtain adjustable voltage and currents.
- Output current up to 1.5 A
- Output voltages of 5; 6; 8; 8.5; 9; 12; 15; 18; 24 V
- Thermal overload protection
- Short circuit protection
- Output transition SOA protection
- 2 % output voltage tolerance (A version)
- Guaranteed in extended temperature range (A version)
View the Complete family of L780 Linear Regulators