Manufacturer Part #
MIC5011 Series 20 mA 32 V Minimum Parts High or Low-Side MOSFET Driver - SOIC-8
|Standard Pkg:|| |
Product Variant Information section
95 per Tube
Description of Change:Release to production of listed Micrel MOSFET Driver product type manufactured with the BCDSI process technology to Microchip Fab.Pre Change: Fabricated at Micrel fabrication site (San Jose, CA, USA) using 6 inch wafers.Post Change: Fabricated at Microchip fabrication site using 8 inch wafers. Reason for Change:To improve productivity with the closure of the Micrel fab as part of the integration of Micrel and Microchip
|Configuration:||High or Low Side|
|No of Outputs:||Single|
|Peak Output Current:||20mA|
|Mounting Method:||Surface Mount|
Features & Applications
The MIC5011YM is the “minimum parts count” member of the Micrel MIC501X driver family. These ICs are designed to drive the gate of an N-channel power MOSFET above the supply rail in high-side power switch applications. The 8-pin MIC5011 is extremely easy to use, requiring only a power FET and nominal supply decoupling to implement either a high- or low-side switch.
The MIC5011 charges a 1 nF load in 60 µs typical with no external components. Faster switching is achieved by adding two 1 nF charge pump capacitors. Operation down to 4.75 V allows the MIC5011 to drive standard MOSFETs in 5 V low-side applications by boosting the gate voltage above the logic supply. In addition, multiple paralleled MOSFETs can be driven by a single MIC5011 for ultra-high current applications. Other members of the Micrel driver family include the MIC5012 dual driver and MIC5013 protected 8-pin driver. For new designs, Micrel recommends the pin-compatible MIC5014 MOSFET driver.
- 4.75 V to 32 V operation.
- Less than 1 µA standby current in the “off” state.
- Internal charge pump to drive the gate of an N-channel power FET above supply.
- Available in small outline SOIC packages.
- Internal zener clamp for gate protection.
- Minimum external parts count.
- Can be used to boost drive to low-side power FETs.
- operating on logic supplies.
- 25 µs typical turn-on time with optional external capacitors.
- Implements high- or low-side drivers.
- Lamp drivers.
- Relay and solenoid drivers.
- Heater switching.
- Power bus switching
95 per Tube