Manufacturer Part #
80 W 26 to 55 V Input 1.32 V Output 50 A Half V-I Chip VTM Current Multiplier
End of Life for select VTMs and MVTMsReason for the change:Due to an obsolete internal component the attached parts will be discontinued.Schedule:Last time buy: Customers will have six months to place last time buy orders for the attached part numbers. Last time buy orders may be entered until October 12, 2021. Vicor will make a commercial best effort basis to accept all orders but customers are encouraged to place orders as soon as possible. All orders will be non-cancelable and non-returnable.Last time Ship: Final ship date for the attached part numbers is April 12, 2022.
|Input Voltage:||26V to 55V|
|Dimensions:||Half-Chip (22.0 x 16.5 x 6.73 mm)|
Features & Applications
The VTM48EH015T050A00 is a V•I Chip™ current multiplier it has high efficiency (>89%) Sine Amplitude Converter™ (SAC™) operating from a 26 to 55 Vdc primary bus to deliver an isolated output. The Sine Amplitude Converter offers a low AC impedance beyond the bandwidth of most downstream regulators, which means that capacitance normally at the load can be located at the input to the Sine Amplitude Converter. Since the K factor of the VTM48EH015T050A00 is 1/32, that capacitance value can be reduced by a factor of 1024, resulting in savings of board area, materials and total system cost.
The VTM48EH015T050A00 is provided in a V•I Chip package compatible with standard pick-and-place and surface mount assembly processes. The co-molded V•I Chip package provides enhanced thermal management due to large thermal interface area and superior thermal conductivity. With high conversion efficiency the VTM48EH015T050A00 increases overall system efficiency and lowers operating costs compared to conventional approaches.
- 48 Vdc to 1.5 Vdc 50 A current multiplier
- Operating from standard 48 V or 24 V PRM™regulators
- High efficiency (>89%) reduces system power consumption
- High density (334 A/in³)
- “Half Chip” V•I Chip package enables surface mount, low impedance interconnect to system board
- Contains built-in protection features against:
- Short Circuit
- Reverse Inrush
- Provides enable / disable control, internal temperature monitoring, current monitoring
- ZVS / ZCS resonant Sine Amplitude Converter topology
- Less than 50 ºC temperature rise at full load in typical applications
- High End Computing Systems
- Automated Test Equipment
- High Density Power Supplies
- Communications Systems