Manufacturer Part #
74HC Series 8-Bit Serial or Parallel-Input/Serial Output Shift Register
|Mfr. Name:||ON Semiconductor|
|Standard Pkg:|| |
Product Variant Information section
48 per Tube
|No of Functions / Channels:||2|
|Supply Voltage-Nom:||2V to 6V|
|No of Inputs:||9|
|Mounting Method:||Surface Mount|
Features & Applications
The MC74HC165A is identical in pinout to the LS165. The device inputs are compatible with standard CMOS outputs; with pullup resistors, they are compatible with LSTTL outputs.
This device is an 8-bit shift register with complementary outputs from the last stage. Data may be loaded into the register either in parallel or in serial form. When the Serial Shift/Parallel Load(bar) input is low, the data is loaded asynchronously in parallel. When the Serial Shift/Parallel Load(bar) input is high, the data is loaded serially on the rising edge of either Clock or Clock Inhibit.
The 2-input NOR clock may be used either by combining two independent clock sources or by designating one of the clock inputs to act as a clock inhibit.
- Output Drive Capability: 10 LSTTL Loads
- Outputs Directly Interface to CMOS, NMOS, and TTL
- Operating Voltage Range: 2 to 6 V
- Low Input Current: 1 µA
- High Noise Immunity Characteristic of CMOS Devices
- In Compliance with the Requirements Defined by JEDEC Standard No. 7
- Chip Complexity: 286 FETs or 71.5 Equivalent Gates
- Pb-Free Packages are Available
48 per Tube