Manufacturer Part #
ST16C654 Series 1.5 Mbps 5.5 V SMT Quad UART With 64-Byte FIFO - LQFP-64
|Standard Pkg:|| |
Product Variant Information section
160 per Tray
|No of Functions / Channels:||4|
|Interface Circuit Type:||Parallel|
|Supply Voltage-Nom:||2.97V to 5.5V|
|Operating Temperature:||0°C to 70°C|
|Storage Temperature Range:||-65°C to +150°C|
|Mounting Method:||Surface Mount|
Features & Applications
The ST16C6541 is a universal asynchronous receiver and transmitter (UART) with a dual foot print interface compatible with the ST16C554 and ST68C554. The 654 is an enhanced UART with 64 byte FIFO’s, automatic hardware/software flow control, and data rates up to 1.5Mbps. Onboard status registers provide the user with error indications and operational status, modem interface control. System interrupts may be tailored to meet user requirements. An internal loop-back capability allows onboard diagnostics.
The 654 is available in 64-pin TQFP, 68-pin PLCC, and 100-pin QFP packages. The 64-pin package offers the 16 interface mode which is compatible with the industry standard ST16C554. The 68 and 100 pin packages offer an additional 68 mode which allows easy integration with Motorola, and other popular microprocessors.
The ST16C654CQ64 (64 pin) offers three state interrupt control while the ST16C654DCQ64 provides constant active interrupt outputs. The 64 pin devices do not offer TXRDY/RXRDY outputs or the default clock select option (CLKSEL). The 100 pin packages offer faster channel status access by providing separate outputs for TXRDY and RXRDY, offer separate Infrared TX outputs and a musical instrument clock input (MIDICLK). The 654 combines the package interface modes of the 16C454/ 554 and 68/C454/554 series on a single integrated chip.
NOTE: 1 Covered by U.S. Patent #5,649,122.
- Compatibility with the Industry Standard ST16C454/554, ST68C454/554, TL16C554
- 1.5 Mbps transmit/receive operation (24MHz)
- 64 byte transmit FIFO
- 64 byte receive FIFO with error flags
- Automatic software/hardware flow control
- Programmable Xon/Xoff characters
- Independent transmit and receive control
- Software selectable Baud Rate Generator pre-scaleable clock rates of 1X, 4X
- Four selectable Transmit/Receive FIFO interrupt trigger levels
- Standard modem interface or infrared IrDA encoder/decoder interface
- Software flow control turned off optionally by any (Xon) RX character
- Independent MIDI interface on 100 pin packages
- 100-pin packages offer internal register FIFO monitoring and separate IrDA TX outputs
- Sleep mode ( 200mA stand-by)
- Pb-Free, RoHS Compliant Versions Offered
160 per Tray