Manufacturer Part #
185 W 26 to 55 V Input 1.5 V Output 115 A Full V-I Chip VTM Transformer
End of Life for select VTMs and MVTMsReason for the change:Due to an obsolete internal component the attached parts will be discontinued.Schedule:Last time buy: Customers will have six months to place last time buy orders for the attached part numbers. Last time buy orders may be entered until October 12, 2021. Vicor will make a commercial best effort basis to accept all orders but customers are encouraged to place orders as soon as possible. All orders will be non-cancelable and non-returnable.Last time Ship: Final ship date for the attached part numbers is April 12, 2022.
|Input Voltage:||26V to 55V|
|Dimensions:||Full-Chip (32.5 x 22.0 x 6.73 mm)|
Features & Applications
The VTM48EF015T115A00 is a V•I ChipTM transformer it has high efficiency (>94%) Sine Amplitude ConverterTM (SACTM) operating from a 26 to 55 Vdc primary bus to deliver an isolated output. The Sine Amplitude Converter offers a low AC impedance beyond the bandwidth of most downstream regulators; therefore capacitance normally at the load can be located at the input to the Sine AmplitudeConverter. Since the K factor of the VTM48EF015T115A00 is 1/32, the capacitance value can be reduced by a factor of 1024, resulting in savings of board area, materials and total system cost.
The VTM48EF015T115A00 is provided in a V•I Chip package compatible with standard pick-and-place and surface mount assembly processes. The co-molded V•I Chip package provides enhanced thermal management due to a large thermal interface area and superior thermal conductivity. The high conversion efficiency of the VTM48EF015T115A00 increases overall system efficiency and lowers operating costs compared to conventional approaches.
- 48 Vdc to 1.5 Vdc 115 A transformer
- Operating from standard 48 V or 24 V PRMTM regulators
- High efficiency (>94%) reduces system power consumption
- High density (392 A/A/in³)
- “Full Chip” V•I Chip package enables surface mount, low impedance interconnect to system board
- Contains built-in protection features:
- Overvoltage Lockout
- Short Circuit
- Provides enable / disable control, internal temperature monitoring
- ZVS / ZCS resonant Sine Amplitude Converter topology
- Less than 50 ºC temperature rise at full load in typical applications
- High End Computing Systems
- Automated Test Equipment
- High Density Power Supplies
- Communications Systems