On Order: 0
Factory Stock:Factory Stock: 4,600
Factory Lead Time: 5 Weeks
|Supply Voltage||3V to 28V|
Features and Applications
The MIC2164-3YMM is a constant frequency, synchronous buck controller featuring adaptive on-time control. The MIC2164/-2/-3 are the first products in the new Hyper Speed ControlTM family of buck controllers introduced by Micrel. The MIC2164/-2/-3 controllers operate over an input supply range of 3 V to 28 V, and are independent of the IC supply voltage.
The devices are capable of supplying 25 A output current. While the MIC2164 operates at 300 kHz, the MIC2164-2 operates at 600 kHz, and the MIC2164-3 operates at 1 MHz. A unique Hyper Speed ControlTM architecture allows for ultrafast transient response while reducing the output capacitance and also makes High VIN/Low VOUT operation possible. The MIC2164/-2/-3 controllers utilizes an architecture which is adaptive Ton ripple controlled. A UVLO feature is provided to ensure proper operation under power-sag conditions to prevent the external power MOSFET from overheating. A soft start feature is provided to reduce the inrush current. Foldback current limit and “hiccup” mode short-circuit protection ensure FET and load protection. The MIC2164/-2/-3 controllers are available in a 10-pin MSOP (MAX1954A compatible) package with a junction operating range from –40°C to +125°C.
- Hyper Speed ControlTM architecture enables.
- High delta V operation (VIN=28 V and VOUT=0.8 V).
- Smaller output capacitors than competitors.
- 3 V to 28 V input voltage.
- Stable with zero-ESR output capacitor.
- 25 A output current capability.
- 300 kHz/600 kHz/1MHz switching frequency.
- Adaptive on-time mode control.
- Output down to 0.8 V with ±1% FB accuracy.
- Up to 95% efficiency.
- Foldback current limit and “hiccup” mode short-circuit protection.
- 6 ms Internal soft start.
- Thermal shutdown.
- Pre-bias output safe.
- –40°C to +125°C junction temperature range.
- Available in 10-pin MSOP package.
- Set-top box, gateways and routers.
- Printers, scanners, graphic cards and video cards.
- Telecommunication, PCs and servers.
- Microprocessor core supply.
- Low-voltage distributed power.