Manufacturer Part #
Evaluation Board for AS5304 Series Linear Encoder
|Application Type:||Motion Sensing|
Features & Applications
The AS5304 is a single-chip IC with integrated Hall elements for measuring linear or rotary motion using multi-pole magnetic strips or rings. This allows the usage of the AS5304 in applications where the Sensor IC cannot be mounted at the end of a rotating device (e.g. at hollow shafts). Instead, the AS5304 is mounted off-axis underneath a multi-pole magnetized ring or strip and provides a quadrature incremental output with 40 pulses per pole period at speeds of up to 20 meters/sec. A single index pulse is generated once for every pole pair at the index output.
The magnet pole pair length is 4.0mm (2.0mm north pole / 2.0mm south pole).
The AS5304A device provides push pull configurations for the A, B and index outputs. The AS5304B device provides open drain configurations for the A, B and index outputs.
The AS5304 is available in a small 20-pin TSSOP package and specified for an operating ambient temperature of -40° to +125°C
Key Features :
- High speed up to 20m/s
- Magnetic pole pair length: 4mm
- Resolution: 25µm
- 40 pulses / 160 positions per magnetic period
- 1 index pulse per pole pair
- Linear movement measurement using multi-pole magnetic strips
- Circular off-axis movement measurement using multi-pole magnetic rings
- 4.5V to 5.5V operating voltage
- Magnetic field strength indicator, magnetic field alarm for end-of-strip or missing magnet
The AS5304 is ideal for high speed linear motion and off axis rotation measurement in applications such as
- Electrical motors
- Rotation knobs
- Industrial drives