Manufacturer Part #
NCP690 Series Low Dropout Regulator Demonstration Board
|Mfr. Name:||ON Semiconductor|
|Application Type:||Voltage Linear Regulation|
Features & Applications
ON Semiconductor is a premier supplier of high performance, energy efficient, silicon solutions for green electronics. The company's broad portfolio of power and signal management, logic, discrete and custom devices helps customers efficiently solve their design challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer, industrial, LED lighting, medical, military/aerospace and power applications. ON Semiconductor operates a world-class, value-added supply chain and a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets throughout North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific regions.ON Semiconductor also enables energy efficient solutions for a greener world, Provides a broad array of products and solutions,Helps customers solve their unique design challenges, Operates a world-class, value added supply chain.
The NCP690 CMOS LDO family provides 1 A of output current with enhanced ESD in fixed output voltage options from 1.5 V to 5.0 V. These devices are designed for space constrained and portable battery powered applications and offer additional features such as low Dropout Voltage, high Power Supply Rejection Ratio (PSRR), low Quiescent and Ground Current consumption, low Noise operation, Short Circuit and Thermal Protection. NCP690 is designed to be used with low cost ceramic capacitors and the minimum value of 1µF output capacitance is required. The NCP690 device is equipped with Active Output Discharge, Current Limit and Thermal Shutdown Protection. Finally the Surface Mount DFN3x3 package with Expose Pad allows saving PCB space and effectively dissipating heat through the PCB copper area. This demonstration board operates from a dc input voltage VIN < 6V and produces fixed output voltage given by the NCP690 internal voltage divider.
- Output Voltage Options: Adjustable, 1.5 V, 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3.3 V, 5.0 V
- Adjustable Output by External Resistors from 5.0 V down to 1.25 V
- Guaranteed 1 A Output Current
- ±1.5% Output Voltage Tolerance over All Operating Conditions (Adjustable)
- ±2% Output Voltage Tolerance over All Operating Conditions (Fixed)
- Typical Noise Voltage of 50 Vrms without a Bypass Capacitor
- Typical Dropout Voltage of 190 mV at 1 A (Vout = 2.5 V, TJ = 25°C)
- Active Output Discharge
- Active Low Enable Pin (NCP691 Device)
- Active High Enable Pin (NCP692 device)
- Enhanced ESD: 4 kV and 400 V.
- Available in the most popular voltage options. Others may be available on request.
- Leads to more robust products
- Suitable for use in harsh environments
- Suitable for audio and other electrical noise sensitive applications
- Suitable for lower voltage input rails
- Suitable for lower voltage input rails and battery powered applications
- Power saving modes
- Less inclined to damage during board assembly compared to standard CMOS devices.
- Faster response time to shutdown and less chance of damaging reverse current flows
- Laptops and PCI Cards
- Modem Banks and Telecom Boards
- DSP, FPGA, Microprocessor Boards
- Portable, Battery−Power Applications
- Hard Disk Drives
- These are Pb−Free Devices.
To learn more about the NCP690 product family, Click Here.