Manufacturer Part #
High-Speed Low-Power USB 2.0 4-Port Hub Reference Design
Shelf Life Extension of Development Kits Description of Change: Cypress has decided to improve the shelf life of Dev Kits from 2 to 5 years considering quality and reliability aspects of the products. Customers will be shipped with Kits for their orders whose date codes will not be greater than 5 years. And there is no compromising on the quality of the products though. . Benefit of Change: This provides longer usability of products to customers.
Features & Applications
The CY4606 (EZ-USB HX2LP) is a complete reference design for developing a fixed-function, low-power 4-port USB 2.0 hub that is production ready and USB-IF compliant and WHQL certified.
The EZ-USB HX2LP is USB-IF and Windows® Hardware-quality lab (WHQL)-compliant and is available in four-port (CY7C65630-56LFXC) and two-port (CY7C65620-56LFXC) options. The device integrates many external passive components, such as pull-up and pull-down resistors, along with gang port power control to reduce the overall bill-of-materials required to implement a hub design. The EZ-USB HX2LP, which supports bus-powered and self-powered modes, is available in a small form factor 56-pin QFN package that is backward compatible with Cypress's TetraHub™ controller.
- Compliance with USB 2.0.
- 480/12/1.5-Mbps operation.
- Low-power operation for bus-powered applications.
- 2-port bus-powered keyboard hub support.
- Fit/Form/Function Compatible with CY7C65640 & CY7C65640A TetraHub(TM).
- 8x8mm 56-lead QFN (quad flat no-lead) package.
- Integrated components for lower BOM cost.
- Individual or ganged port power switching and over current detection.
- Dedicated LED ports.
- CY7C65630-based demonstration unit.
- 5 VDC, 2.5 A wall power supply.
- USB cable.
- Design & Application Notes.
- Hardware files.
- Bill of Materials.
- Gerber and OrCAD source files