On Order: 0
Factory Stock:Factory Stock: 0
Factory Lead Time: N/A
Features and Applications
Microchip provides solutions for the entire performance range of 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, with a powerful architecture, flexible memory technologies, comprehensive easy-to-use development tools, complete technical documentation and post design-in support through a global sales and distribution network.
The MPLAB ICD 3 in-circuit debugger is an in-circuit debugger that is controlled by a PC running MPLAB IDE (v 8.15 or greater) software on a Windows® platform. The MPLAB ICD 3 in-circuit debugger is an integral part of the development engineer's toolsuite. The application usage can vary from software development to hardware integration.
MPLAB® ICD 3 is Microchip's most cost effective high-speed hardware debugger/programmer for Microchip Flash Digital Signal Controller and microcontroller devices. It debugs and programs PIC® Flash microcontrollers and dsPIC® DSCs with the powerful, yet easy-to-use graphical user interface of MPLAB Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
MPLAB ICD 3 In-Circuit Debugger provides significant performance enhancements for embedded systems designers. Programming times are typically 15x faster than previous systems. A 40MHz dsPIC33 and high-speed FPGA yield faster communications, downloads and debugging.
- Real-time Debugging - MPLAB ICD 3 In-Circuit Debugger is designed to support high-speed processors running at maximum speeds, allowing embedded engineers to debug applications on their own hardware in real time.
- Ruggedized Probe Interface - Protection circuitries are added to the probe drivers to guard the probe kit from power surges from the target. Vdd and Vpp voltage monitors protect against over-voltage conditions, and all lines have over-current protection. The unit can provide power to a target (up to 100 ma).
- Microchip Standard Connectivity - MPLAB ICD 3 In-Circuit Debugger employs a standard Microchip debugging connector (RJ-11).
- Portable, USB-powered and RoHS-Compliant - Housed in a small (3.7" x.8") and attractive enclosure, the MPLAB ICD 3 In-Circuit Debugger is powered by the USB port, so an external power adapter is not required. MPLAB ICD 3 In-Circuit Debugger is CE and RoHS-compliant.
- High Speed Programming - Fast programming allows both quick firmware reload for fast debugging and for in-circuit re-programming. Programming times are improved up to 15x over MPLAB ICD 2.
- Low Voltage Emulation - MPLAB ICD 3 supports target supply voltages from 2.0 to 5.5 volts.
- Test Interface Module - Included with every MPLAB ICD 3 is a test module to test I/O lines to confirm the unit is working properly.
- Ease of Maintenance and Feature Upgrade - Adding new device support and advanced features to MPLAB ICD 3 In-Circuit Debugger is as simple as installing later versions of the MPLAB IDE, downloadable free. MPLAB ICD 3 In-Circuit Debugger is field upgradeable through a firmware download from MPLAB IDE.
- Low Cost - MPLAB ICD 3 In-Circuit Debugger breaks the price barrier for a complete and advanced in-circuit debugger, offering new ways to interact with and debug applications at a fraction of the cost of traditional emulator systems.
- Powerful Debugging - High powered debugging with MPLAB IDE, supporting multiple breakpoints, stopwatch, source code file debugging in MPLAB’s editor for quick program modification/debug.