On Order: 0
Factory Stock:Factory Stock: 0
Factory Lead Time: N/A
|Application Type||Code Development|
Features and Applications
A world class provider of development tools for embedded systems, best known for its high-performance ANSI C compilers featuring the optimizing, whole-program compilation technology, Omniscient Code Generation, HI-TECH Software is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of Microchip Technology.
This compiler is part of HI-TECH Software’s suite of compilers supporting Microchip devices (i.e.
PIC10/12/14/16/18/24 MCUs and dsPIC30/33 DSCs). For users of these other compilers there
should be few surprises in terms of usage and the HI-TECH C language additions. Where this
compiler differs from its peers is briefly described below, but is included in greater detail in the user
HI-TECH C compiler for PIC32 MCUs implements the optimizations of Omniscient Code Generation™ (OCG) - a whole-program compilation technology - to provide denser code and better performance for development on PIC32 MCUs
- Support for all PIC32 MCUs.
- Can identify inconsistent definitions across modules.
- Number of Interrupt Handling Schemes.
- Compiler support for RAM vectors, i.e. ISRs can service different vectors at runtime.
- Unlimited Memory Usage.
- Automatically analyzes user assembly and object code files.
- Eliminates the need for many non-standard C qualifiers and compiler options.
- Header includes required in each C file (except for the Std C Library).
- Individual libraries for various optimisation levels and instruction sets.
- Full C library code source provided.
- Built-in cycle accurate delay routine.
- Automatic generation of configuration word.
- Transparent and direct access to SFR atomic bit operation addresses.
- C-level access to CP0 Registers.
- Full or mixed MIPS16 and MIPS32 code allowed.
- Printf library functionality.
- Fully integrates into MPLAB® IDE.
- Compiler message can be displayed in multiple languages.
- Runs on all platforms: Windows (XP and Vista), Linux and Mac OS X.