Manufacturer Part #
MAX8903A Battery Charger Power Management Evaluation Board
|Mfr. Name:||Maxim Integrated|
|Application Type:||Power Management|
Features & Applications
The MAX8903A evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested circuit board for evaluating the 2A, 1-cell Li+ DC-DC battery charger. The EV kit charges a single-cell lithium-ion (Li+) battery from a DC input (AC adaptor) or a USB 100mA/500mA source and provides system power from the DC input, USB input, or battery.
Battery charge current and SYS current limit are independently set. Charge current and DC converter output current limit can be set up to 2A, respectively. The USB input current can be set to 100mA or 500mA and USB suspend mode is also supported. Power not used by the system is available to charge the battery.
- DC-DC Converter Output Current-Limit Adjustment Range of 0.5A to 2A (EV Kit Standard
- Battery Charger Current-Limit Adjustment Range of 0.5A to 2A (EV Kit Standard Configuration: 1A)
- USB Current Limit of 100mA or 500mA
- Efficient 4MHz Switching DC-DC Converter Powers System Load and Charger
- Instant On—Works with No Battery or Low Battery
- 28-Pin, 4mm x 4mm Thin QFN Package with Exposed Pad
- Fully Assembled and Tested