Manufacturer Part #
Renesas H8S/TFT-LCD 480 x 272 Development Kit
|Application Type:||LCD Solutions|
Features & Applications
The Renesas H8 family is widely used in thousands of products from all areas of the consumer and industrial world. Examples include building and industrial automation, metering, white goods, office automation, medical applications and electronic point of sales (EPOS).
The H8S/245x and H8S/242x microcontrollers (MCUs) offer an extremely low-cost way to generate TFT-LCD based GUI solutions with medium graphic animation and a touch screen. No need for higher-frequency, higher-cost microprocessor (MPU) systems, simply order our development kit and get started immediately using the hardware and firmware reference platform.
The kit includes a full Renesas Starter Kit for H8S/2456 kit (including board, E10A JTAG debugger and software) plus a WQVGQ (480 x 272) TFT-LCD panel with touch screen, a free Graphics API and library and sample application - everything you need to begin development with this powerful device in one box with only a few minutes from opening the box to seeing a functional system.
Key features of the H8S/2456 microcontroller:
• High performance 33MHz CPU with very deterministic operation due to zero wait-state Flash memory
• Eight 32-bit general-purpose registers and hardware multiplier
• ROM-less, 128K, 256K, and 512K embedded fullspeed Flash memory with up to 64K SRAM
• USB-FS 2.0 Device interface w/PHYon H8S/245x
• External DMA (EXDMA) to drive TFT-LCD panels up to WQVGA (480 x 272) with 16-bit colour depth
• 4 channel internal DMA and DTC
• Strong timer resources (2x TPU, TMR, WDT)
• 5x USART (incl ISO7816 and IrDA), 4x IIC, SPI
• 16-channel 10-bit ADC, 2-channel 8-bit DAC
• External CPU Bus interface
• Low-power modes including deep standby
• Choice of 120-pin and 144-pin LQFP packages
• Operating voltage choices of 3.3V and 5V
• 32-bit H8SX upgrade devices (H8SX/166x, H8SX/165x) with up to 1MB Flash and 50 DMIPS. These MCUs can can drive up to VGA (640 x 480) TFT-LCD resolution with 16 bpp colour depth.