Manufacturer Part #
Evaluation Board for MLX90109 RFID Transceiver
Features & Applications
The EVB90109 is an assembled module that allows evaluating the advantages of the MLX90109 transceiverIC. It will facilitate the starts of RFID applications and can be implemented in a compact way, with minimum development time, and minimum final system cost. All pins of the MLX90109 reader are available on a DIL socket for easy control with an external microcontroller. Two extra pins have been added for extended control options on the voltage on the MODU pin.
The EVB90109 can be used as a 125 kHz reader, to read out the load modulation from a transponder. It can also be used to send information to a transponder using On/Off keying modulation. For fast protocol which required fast fall time on the reader’s antenna, the EVB90109 includes a “Fast decay” circuit composed of an external transistor and diode in parallel on the antenna. This circuit is accessible through a digital pin on the DIL-10 connector.
Features and Benefits :
- Minimum PCB size (30 * 30 mm) including a MLX90109 transceiver IC and an optimized antenna
- Tuned resonance frequency to 125kHz
- Modulation network on board for a maximum flexibility
- Setup for fast On/Off keying modulation mode
- DIL-10 footprint for easy mounting on prototype set up and development kit
- Car Immobilizers
- Portable readers
- Battery powered door locks
- Access control
- House held appliances