Manufacturer Part #
802.11abgn Wireless LAN Evaluation Platform for RS9110-N-11-28 WLAN Module
Features & Applications
The RS9110-N-11-28-EVB is a RS9110 series 2.4/5 GHz Serial-to-WiFi Evaluation Board. The Evaluation Kit for the RS9110-N-11-28 module offers users a flexible way of evaluating the features and performance of the module in the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands comprehensively. The kit consists of an evaluation board (EVB) with the module, a frequency reference and 2 antennas (for antenna diversity) mounted, a serial cable, a USB power adapter, related software and documentation. The EVB can be connected to a Host system through the UART or SPI interfaces.
In addition to the Wi-Fi Configuration Utility which works in Windows OS, the software kit also includes reference driver software and custom applications for UART and SPI which can be used to open and close sockets (TCP, UDP, Listening TCP) inside the RS9110-N-11-28 module and exchange data with a Peer PC over WLAN. Source code for these applications and driver is also provided as reference.
- Compliant to 802.11b/g and single stream 802.11n
- Fully self-contained serial-to-wireless functionality - does not require any host processor bandwidth
- Includes all the protocol and configuration functions required for WLAN connectivity in open, WPA/WPA2-PSK, and WPA/WPA2-Enterprise modes of operation
- Payload data through Serial Interface and SPI
- Terminates TCP and UDP connections, and offers transparent serial modem functionality
- Configuration through UART or wireless means
- Bluetooth Coexistence support
- Ultra low power operation with power save modes
- Ad-hoc and infrastructure modes for maximum deployment flexibility.
- Single supply 3.1 to 3.6 V operation