The 917X series of surface mount Insulation Displacement Connectors (IDC) were developed to meet the harsh automotive and industrial market applications for connecting individual wires directly to a PCB ranging from 14 AWG to 28 AWG. This industry proven contact system has been tested to automotive levels of shock, vibration, and temperature cycling to prove their reliability and robustness. The simplicity of inserting a wire into the connector with a small tool allows a wide range of devices to be connected to the PCB without soldering. In SSL applications specifically, these connectors are used to bring power and signal onto the PCB or are used to daisy chain multiple boards together in a long string. While the IDC contact provides a gas-tight connection to conductor of the wire, the housing has been designed to grab the insulation of the wire to provide a positive strain relief even in the harshest conditions. In case of repair, the wires can be removed and replace up to three times.
The 9177 series accepts 14 AWG to 20 AWG wires with an insulation diameter ranging from 2.75mm to 4.25mm.
- Connecting discrete wire components directly to the PCB
- Bringing power and signals onto a PCB
- Daisy chaining PCB’s together to create a continuous string of boards
- Application Notes: refer to 201-01-12
FEATURES AND BENEFITS :
- IDC contact provides a gas-tight connection to the PCB for long term reliability
- Connector housing captures the wire insulation for positive strain relief
- Tested to automotive levels on shock, vibration and temperature cycling for reliability
- Low and high volume assembly tools to match production volumes
- Reduced total applied cost versus solder or crimp processes
- High temperature insulator capable to 260ºC reflow soldering processes
To view complete family of 9177x - Click here