On Order: 0
Factory Stock:Factory Stock: 5,550
Factory Lead Time: 4 Weeks
|Clock Input Frequency - Max||2.7GHz|
|Supply Voltage-Nom||3V to 3.6V|
Features and Applications
The NB4N840M is a high−bandwidth fully differential dual 2 x 2 crosspoint switch with CML inputs/outputs that is suitable for applications such as SDH/SONET, DWDM, Gigabit Ethernet and high speed switching. Fully differential design techniques are used to minimize jitter accumulation, crosstalk, and signal skew, which make this device ideal for loop−through and protection channel switching applications.
Internally terminated differential CML inputs accept AC−coupled LVPECL (Positive ECL) or direct coupled CML signals. By providing internal 50 Ω input and output termination resistor, the need for external components is eliminated and interface reflections are minimized. Differential 16 mA CML outputs provide matching internal 50 Ω terminations, and 400 mV output swings when externally terminated, 50 Ω to VCC.
Single−ended LVCMOS/LVTTL SEL inputs control the routing of the signals through the crosspoint switch which makes this device configurable as 1:2 fan−out, repeater or 2 x 2 crosspoint switch. The device is housed in a low profile 5 x 5 mm 32−pin QFN package.
- Plug−in compatible to the MAX3840 and SY55859L
- Maximum Input Clock Frequency 2.7 GHz
- Maximum Input Data Frequency 3.2 Gb/s
- 225 ps Typical Propagation Delay
- 80 ps Typical Rise and Fall Times
- 7 ps Channel to Channel Skew
- 430 mW Power Consumption
- < 0.5 ps RMS Jitter
- 7 ps Peak−to−Peak Data Dependent Jitter
- Power Saving Feature with Disabled Outputs
- Operating Range: VCC = 3.0 V to 3.6 V with VEE = 0 V
- CML Output Level (400 mV Peak−to−Peak Output), Differential Output
- These are Pb−Free Devices
- OC-3 to OC-48 Line or System Loopback
- Redundant Data Fan-out