Manufacturer Part #
MC100EL56 Series 1 GHz 5.7 V ECL Dual Differential 2:1 Multiplexer - SOIC-20
|Mfr. Name:||ON Semiconductor|
|Temperature Range:||-40°C to +85°C|
|Supply Voltage-Nom:||4.2V to 5.7V|
|Mounting Method:||Surface Mount|
Features and Applications
The MC100EL56 is a dual, fully differential 2:1 multiplexer. The differential data path makes the device ideal for multiplexing low skew clock or other skew sensitive signals. Multiple VBB pins are provided to ease AC coupling input signals. The VBB pins, an internally generated voltage supply, are available to this device only. For single-ended input conditions, the unused differential input is connected to VBB as a switching reference voltage. VBB may also rebias AC coupled inputs. When used, decouple VBB and VCC via a 0.01 F capacitor and limit current sourcing or sinking to 0.5 mA. When not used, VBB should be left open. The device features both individual and common select inputs to address both data path and random logic applications. The differential inputs have special circuitry which ensures device stability under open input conditions. When both differential inputs are left open, the D input will pull down to VEE. The D input will bias around VCC/2 forcing the Q output LOW.
- 580 ps Typical Propagation Delays.
- Separate and Common Select.
- The 100 Series Contains Temperature Compensation.
- PECL Mode Operating Range:
- VCC = 4.2 V to 5.7 V with VEE = 0 V.
- NECL Mode Operating Range:
- VCC = 0 V with VEE = −4.2 V to −5.7 V.
- Internal Input Pulldown Resistors on D(s), SEL(s), and COM_SEL.
- Q Output will Default LOW with Inputs Open or at VEE.
- Pb−Free Packages are Available.