Manufacturer Part #
SY58038U Series 3.6 V Surface Mount Ultra Precision 8:1 Multiplexer - MLF-44
|Standard Pkg:|| |
Product Variant Information section
260 per Tray
PCN Status: Final notificationPCN Type: Manufacturing ChangeDescription of Change: Implement Edge Protection Technology (EPT) for selected products available in 32L (7x7x1mm), (7x7x0.9mm) and 44L (7x7x0.9mm) VQFN packages at ANAP assembly siteImpacts to Data Sheet: Yes. POD drawing.Change Impact:None Reason for Change:To improve manufacturability by implementing Edge Protection Technology (EPT).Change Implementation Status:In Progress Estimated First Ship Date: December 20, 2021 (date code: 2152)NOTE: Please be advised that after the estimated first ship date customers may receive pre and post change parts.
|Configuration:||1 x 8:1|
|No of Channels:||8|
|Supply Voltage:||2.375V to 3.6V|
|Mounting Method:||Surface Mount|
Features & Applications
The SY58038UMY is a low jitter, low skew, high-speed 8:1 multiplexer with a 1:2 differential fanout buffer optimized forprecision telecom and enterprise server distribution applications. The SY58038U distributes clock frequencies from DC to 3.5 GHz, and data rates to 4.5 Gpbs guaranteed over temperature and voltage.
The SY58038U differential input includes Micrel’s unique, 3-pin input termination architecture that directly interfaces to any differential signal (AC- or DC-coupled) as small as 100 mV without any level shifting or termination resistor networks in the signal path. The outputs are 800 mV, 100 K compatible LVPECL with extremely fast rise/fall times guaranteed to be less than 100 ps. The SY58038U features a patent-pending isolation design that significantly improves channel-to-channel crosstalk performance. The SY58038U operates from a 2.5 V ±5% or 3.3 V ±10% supply and is guaranteed over the full industrial temperature range of –40°C to +85°C. The SY58038U is part of Micrel’s high-speed, Precision Edge® product line.
- Selects between 1 of 8 inputs, and provides 2 precision, low skew LVPECL output copies.
- Guaranteed AC performance over temperature and
- DC to 4.5 Gbps throughput.
- <500 ps propagation delay IN-to-Q (VIN . 100 mV).
- <100 ps tr / tf time.
- <15 ps skew (output-to-output).
- Unique, patent-pending, channel-to-channel isolation design provides superior crosstalk performance.
- Ultra-low jitter design:
- <1 psRMS random jitter.
- <10 psPP deterministic jitter.
- <10 psPP total jitter (clock).
- <1 psRMS cycle-to-cycle jitter.
- <0.7 psRMS crosstalk-induced jitter.
- Unique, patent-pending, input termination and VT pin accepts DC- and AC-coupled inputs (CML, PECL, LVDS).
- 800 mV LVPECL output swing.
- Power supply 2.5 V ±}5% or 3.3 V ±}10%.
- –40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- Available in 44-pin (7 mm × 7 mm) MLFR package.
- Data communication systems.
- All SONET/SDH data/clock applications.
- All Fibre Channel applications.
- All Gigabit Ethernet applications.
260 per Tray