Manufacturer Part #
MIC5219 Series 500 mA 2.5 V Fixed Output Surface Mount LDO Regulator - MSOP-8
|Standard Pkg:|| |
Product Variant Information section
100 per Tube
Microchip has released a new DeviceDoc for the MIC5219 Data Sheet of devices.Description of Change: 1) Converted Micrel document MIC5219 to Microchip data sheet DS20006021A. 2) Minor text changes throughout.Reason for Change: To Improve ManufacturabilityDate Document Changes Effective: 05 May 2018NOTE: Please be advised that this is a change to the document only the product has not been changed.
|Output Voltage Fixed:||2.5V|
|Mounting Method:||Surface Mount|
Features & Applications
The MIC5219-2.5YMM is an efficient linear voltage regulator with high peak output current apability, very-low-dropout voltage, and better than 1% output voltage accuracy. Dropout is typically 10 mV at light loads and less than 500 mV at full load.
The MIC5219 is designed to provide a peak output current for start-up conditions where higher inrush current is demanded. It features a 500 mA peak output rating. Continuous output current is limited only by package and layout.
The MIC5219 can be enabled or shut down by a CMOS or TTL compatible signal. When disabled, power consumption drops nearly to zero. Dropout ground current is minimized to help prolong battery life. Other key features include reversed-battery protection, current limiting, over temperature shutdown, and low noise performance with an ultra-low-noise option. The MIC5219-2.5YMM is available 8‑pin power MSOP packages.
- 500 mA output current capability
- MSOP-8 package - 500 mA continuous
- Low 500 mV maximum dropout voltage at full load
- Extremely tight load and line regulation
- Tiny SOT-23-5 and MM8 power MSOP-8 package
- Ultra-low-noise output
- Low temperature coefficient
- Current and thermal limiting
- Reversed-battery protection
- CMOS/TTL-compatible enable/shutdown control
- Near-zero shutdown current
- Laptop, notebook, and palmtop computers
- Cellular telephones and battery-powered equipment
- Consumer and personal electronics
- PC Card VCC and VPP regulation and switching
- SMPS post-regulator/DC-to-DC modules
- High-efficiency linear power supplies
100 per Tube