Manufacturer Part #
MIC184 Series 5.5 V Surface Mount Local/Remote Thermal Supervisor - MSOP-8
|Standard Pkg:|| |
Product Variant Information section
100 per Tube
Microchip has released a new Product Documents for the MIC184 - Local/Remote Thermal Supervisor of devices.Notification Status: FinalDescription of Change: 1) Converted Micrel data sheet MIC184 to Microchip data sheet DS20006457A.2) Minor grammatical corrections throughout.Impacts to Data Sheet: NoneReason for Change: Conversion of Micrel datasheet to Microchip datasheet conventions.Change Implementation Status: CompleteDate Document Changes Effective: 13 Nov 2020NOTE: Please be advised that this is a change to the document only the product has not been changed.
|Supply Voltage:||2.7V to 5.5V|
|Operating Temp Range:||-55°C to +125°C|
|Mounting Method:||Surface Mount|
Features & Applications
The MIC184YMM is a versatile digital thermal supervisor capable of measuring temperature using either its own internal sensor or an inexpensive external sensor. A 2-wire serial interface is provided to allow communication with either I2C or SMBus masters.
This device is a pin-for-pin and software compatible upgrade for the industry standard LM75. Additional features include remote temperature measurement capability, and interrupt status and mask bits in the chip’s configuration register for software polling. The open-drain interrupt output pin can be used as either an overtemperature alarm or thermostatic control signal. Three programmable address pins permit users to multidrop up to 8 devices along the 2-wire bus, allowing simple distributed temperature sensing networks. Superior performance, low power and small size makes the MIC184 an excellent choice for the most demanding thermal management applications.
- Measures local and remote temperatures.
- Pin and software backward compatible to LM75.
- 9-bit sigma-delta ADC.
- 2-wire I2C/SMBus compatible interface.
- Programmable thermostatic settings for either internal or external zone.
- Open-drain comparator/interrupt output pin.
- Interrupt mask and status bits.
- Low-power shutdown mode.
- Fail-safe response to diode faults.
- 2.7 V to 5.5 V power supply range.
- Up to 8 devices may share the same bus.
- 8-Lead SOP and MSOP Packages.
- Desktop, Server and Notebook Computers.
- Printers and Copiers.
- Test and measurement equipment.
- Consumer electronics.
100 per Tube