On Order: 0
Factory Stock:Factory Stock: 0
Factory Lead Time: N/A
|Operating Temp Range||0°C to 70°C|
|Supply Voltage||3V to 5.5V|
|No. of Drivers||1|
|No. of Receivers||1|
|No of Terminals||16|
|Moisture Sensitivity Level||2|
Features and Applications
EXAR, the market leader, offers the industry's broadest line-up of UART and serial protocol transceivers solutions.
With over 200 devices, wide 2.25 to 5.5V power supply range, 1 to 128 bytes of FIFO and compliance with the universal 3.3/5V PCI, Intel and Motorola bus interfaces, including single protocol ICs that support RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485 as well as dual and multi-protocol ICs that support from 2 to 8 of the most popular interface standards with a single IC, Exar has already done the difficult work for you.
We can deliver an immediate competitive advantage to your compressed time-to-market demands accelerating initial design, to functioning prototype and finally volume production.
The SP3220E devices are RS-232 driver/receiver solutions intended for portable or hand-held applications such as palmtop computers, instrumentation and consumer products.
These devices incorporate a high-efficiency charge-pump power supply that allows the SP3220E devices to deliver true RS-232 performance from a single power supply ranging from +3.0Vto +5.0V. This charge pump requires only 0.1μF capacitors in 3.3V operation.
The ESD tolerance of these devices is over ±15kV for both Human Model and IEC1000-4-2 Air discharge test methods. All devices have a low-power shutdown mode where the driver outputs and charge pumps are disabled. During shutdown, the supply current falls to less than 1μA.
- Meets All EIA-232 and ITU V.28 Specifications from a wide +3.0V to +5.5V power supply
- Interoperable with RS232 and V.28 at 2.7V
- Supports High Serial Data Rates: 250 kbps SP3220E
- 1μA Low Power Shutdown Mode
- Footprint Compatible with MAX3221E, ISL3221
- 4 x 0.1μF External Charge Pump Capacitors
- Tri–State/Receiver Enable
- Improved ESD Specifications:
- ±15kV Human Body Model
- ±15kV IEC1000-4-2 Air Discharge
- ±8kV IEC1000-4-2 Contact Discharge