Manufacturer Part #
SP3232EH Series 460 Kbps 3.3 V RS-232 SMT Transceiver - TSSOP-16
Features & Applications
The SP3222EH and the 3232EH are 2 driver/2 receiver RS-232 transceiver solutions intended for portable or hand-held applications such as notebook or palmtop computers. Their data transmission rate of 460Kbps meeting the demands of high speed RS-232 applications. Both ICS have a high-efficiency, charge-pump power supply that requires only 0.1μF capacitors for 3.3V operation.
The charge pump allows the SP3222EH and the 3232EH series to deliver true RS-232 performance from a single power supply ranging from +3.3V to +5.0V. The ESD tolerance of the SP3222EH/3232EH devices exceeds +15kV for both Human Body Model and IEC1000-4-2 Air discharge test methods.
- Meets true EIA/TIA-232-F Standards from a +3.0V to +5.5V power supply
- Interoperable with EIA/TIA - 232 and adheres to EIA/TIA - 562 down to a +2.7V power source
- Enhanced ESD Specifications:
- ±15kV Human Body Model
- ±15kV IEC1000-4-2 Air Discharge
- ±8kV IEC1000-4-2 Contact Discharge
- 1000 kbps Minimum Transmission Rate
- Ideal for Handheld, Battery Operated Applications