Manufacturer Part #
SP3232E Series 120 kbps 5.5 V True RS-232 Transceiver - WSOIC-16
|Standard Pkg:|| |
Product Variant Information section
Features & Applications
The SP3222E/3232E series is an RS-232 transceiver solution intended for portable or handheld applications such as notebook or palmtop computers. The SP3222E/3232E series has a high-efficiency, charge-pump power supply that requires only 0.1μF capacitors in 3.3V operation. This charge pump allows the SP3222E/3232E series to deliver true RS-232 performance from a single power supply ranging from +3.3V to +5.0V.
The SP3222E/3232E are 2-driver/2-receiver devices. This series is ideal for portable or hand-held applications such as notebook or palmtop computers. The ESD tolerance of the SP3222E/3232E devices are over ±15kV for both Human Body Model and IEC1000-4-2 Air discharge test methods. The SP3222E device has a low-power shutdown mode where the devices' driver outputs and charge pumps are disabled. During shutdown, the supply current falls to less than 1uA.
- Meets true EIA/TIA-232-F Standards from a +3.0V to +5.5V power supply
- Minimum 120Kbps Data Rate Under Full Load
- Interoperable with RS-232 down to +2.7V power source
- Enhanced ESD Specifications:
- ±15kV Human Body Model
- ±15kV IEC1000-4-2 Air Discharge
- ±8kV IEC1000-4-2 Contact Discharge