Manufacturer Part #
SP3243E Series 120 kbps 5.5 V Intelligent RS-232 Transceiver - TSSOP-28
Features & Applications
With over 200 devices, wide 2.25 to 5.5V power supply range, 1 to 128 bytes of FIFO and compliance with the universal 3.3/5V PCI, Intel and Motorola bus interfaces, including single protocol ICs that support RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485 as well as dual and multi-protocol ICs that support from 2 to 8 of the most popular interface standards with a single IC, Exar has already done the difficult work for you.
We can deliver an immediate competitive advantage to your compressed time-to-market demands accelerating initial design, to functioning prototype and finally volume production.
The SP3243 products are 3 driver/5 receiver RS-232 transceiver solutions intended for portable or handheld applications such as notebook and palmtop computers. The SP3243 includes one complementary receiver that remains alert to monitor an external device's Ring Indicate signal while the device is shutdown.
The SP3243E and EB devices feature slew-rate limited outputs for reduced crosstalk and EMI. The "U" and "H" series are optimized for high speed with data rates up to 1Mbps, easily meeting the demands of high speed RS-232 applications.
The SP3243 series uses an internal high-efficiency, charge-pump power supply that requires only 0.1μF capacitors in 3.3V operation. This charge pump and Exar's driver architecture allow the SP3243 series to deliver compliant RS-232 performance from a single power supply ranging from +3.0V to +5.5V.
The AUTO ON-LINE® feature allows the device to automatically "wake-up" during a shutdown state when an RS-232 cable is connected and a connected peripheral is turned on. Otherwise, the device automatically shuts itself down drawing less than 1μA.
- Meets true EIA/TIA-232-F Standards from a +3.0V to +5.5V power supply
- ±15kV ESD protection
- Interoperable with EIA/TIA-232 and adheres to EIA/TIA-562 down to a +2.7V power source
- AUTO ON-LINE® circuitry automatically wakes up from a 1µA shutdown
- Regulated Charge Pump Yields Stable RS-232 Outputs Regardless of VCC Variations
- Enhanced ESD Specifications:
- ±15kV Human Body Model
- ±15kV IEC1000-4-2 Air Discharge
- ±8kV IEC1000-4-2 Contact Discharge
- 250 Kbps min. transmission rate (EB)
- 1000 Kbps min. transmission rate (EU)
- Ideal for High Speed RS-232 Applications