TE Connectivity Economy Power Wire-to-Board Connector Family
Low-cost wire-to-board connectors offer high current capability.
TE Connectivity’s (TE) Economy Power (EP) and Economy Power II (EP II) wire-to-board connectors are widely used in power circuits which have a large current-carrying capacity.
The TE Economy Power series of connectors is rated for a continuous current of up to 7.5A. In the Economy Power II series, the maximum current value rises to 11A.
Terminal Position Assurance (TPA) devices are available in the Economy Power II connector series. TPAs ensure that the contacts are fully seated in the housing. This helps to avoid downtime and costly service calls to repair equipment failures that are due to a backed-out contact. In addition, EP connector latches help to prevent unintended disconnection.
TE Connectivity also offers economy power II Glow Wire connectors in many different styles and configurations to meet safety and environmental requirements set by the home appliances industry. Several connector housing and header styles and configurations are available in Glow Wire compatible material which also conforms to UL 94 V-0 specifications.
The use of Glow Wire test-compliant components can allow users to reduce the time and expense of end-product testing associated with the Glow Wire ignition and Glow Wire flammability index.
Economy Power Connector Features
- 3.96mm, 5.08mm and 7.92mm centerline options
- Voltage rating:
- 250V AC for economy power range
- 600V AC for economy power II range
- Wire-to-board, shrouded and unshrouded header configurations
- Operating-temperature range:
- -25°C to 105°C for economy power range
- -55°C to 105°C for economy power II range
- Models available that comply with GWEPT 750°C and UL94 V-0 flammability standards
- UL recognized
Economy Power Connector Applications
- Household appliances
- Industrial machinery
- Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning equipment
- Commercial and building equipment
- Vending machines
- Coin changers
TE, TE Connectivity and the TE Connectivity logo are trademarks.
|View all Issues of FTM|