CoolSiC™ - Efficient, Powerful, Compact, and Reliable
Infineon Easy 1B and 2B power modules featuring CoolSiC™ MOSFETs offer low losses, increase power density, reduce footprint, and achieve conversion efficiencies exceeding 99%.
- CoolSiC™ features 80% lower switching losses than silicon IGBTs via Silicon Carbide’s unique material properties.
- 80% Lower switching losses combined with lower device thermal impedance allow for higher current capability at lower junction temperatures.
- Higher power density can be achieved in space constrained applications with Infineon CoolSiC™ technology.
- Efficient high frequency operation allows for smaller transforms, inductors, and DC link capacitors; reducing overall system footprint and cost.
- Reduce system complexity and cost by utilizing two level topologies featuring Infineon CoolSiC™ Technology with improved efficiency over three level IGBT converters.
Infineon Easy 1B and 2B Power modules featuring CoolSiC™ technology are available in Half bridge 6-23 mOHm (FF6MR12WM1_B11, FF8MR12W2M1_B11, FF45MR12W1M1_B11) as well as SixPACK 45 mOhm (FS45MR12W1M1_B11)
Every switch needs a driver and the right driver makes a difference! Infineon’s EiceDRIVER™ Coreless Transformer gate driver technology is an excellent match for CoolSiC™ Easy 1B and 2B Power modules. The 2ED020I12F2 is a dual-channel isolated gate driver, which offers a significant space savings in PCB layout. The 2ED020I12F2 is a perfect match to the H-bridge topology FF8MR12W2M1B11BOMA1 and FF45MR12W1M1B11BOMA1.
CoolSiC™ Easy 1B and 2B suggested gate drivers: 1ED020I12-F2, 2ED020I12F2 and the 1EDU20I12SV.