Microchip ATECC608B Fully Customizable Secure Element
Network and accessories secure authentication
The ATECC608B by Microchip is a secure element from the Microchip CryptoAuthenticationTM portfolio with advanced Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) capabilities. With ECDH and ECDSA being built right in, this device is ideal for the rapidly growing IoT market by easily supplying the full range of security such as confidentiality, data integrity, and authentication to systems with MCU or MPUs running encryption/decryption algorithms.
The ATECC608B integrates ECDH (Elliptic Curve Diffie Hellman) security protocol an ultra-secure method to provide key agreement for encryption/decryption, along with ECDSA (Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm) sign-verify authentication.
Similar to all Microchip CryptoAuthentication products, the new ATECC608A employs ultra-secure hardware-based cryptographic key storage and cryptographic countermeasures which eliminate potential backdoors linked to software weaknesses.
To help accelerating development, discover the Trust Platform for the ATECC608B:
- ATECC608B Trust&GO for TLS based network secure authentication. The device comes pre-provisioned secure element with a generic static certificate to reduce third party certificate authority costs. No configuration needed allowing you to focus solely on your application code. Compatible with AWS IoT Multi-account registration architecture.
- ATECC608B Trust&GO for LoRaWAN based networks. The device comes pre-provisioned secure element with The Things Industries or Actility join server symmetric keys depending on the part number chosen. In addition, IEEE addresses are also part of the pre-provisioned device.
- ATECC608B TrustFLEX for TLS based network secure authentication in addition to many more use cases. The device comes pre-configured device with more use cases than just the device to cloud secure authentication Trust&GO offer. It offers pre-architected implementation for accessory authentication, firmware validation, secure boot assistance, key rotation and more. Compatible for AWS IoT, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and in general any TLS networks with code examples for WolfSSL, mBedTLS, CycloneSSL.
- ATECC608B TrustCUSTOM secure element is a fully customizable device in case your security architecture demands to go beyond the Trust&GO and TrustFLEX use cases.
- For Linux systems, the Trust Platform ATECC608B variances leverage the PKCS#11 interface between the microprocessor and the secure element. Check our code example.