Renesas RZ/V series Highly Power-Efficient Embedded AI MPUs for Vision AI
Vision-Optimized Built-in AI Accelerator; Real-Time AI Inference and Low-Power Consumption for Cameras Used in Industrial, Infrastructure, and Retail Applications
The Renesas RZ/V series of microprocessors (MPUs) for vision AI incorporate Renesas’ exclusive DRP-AI (Dynamically Reconfigurable Processor for AI) dedicated AI accelerator delivering excellent AI inference performance and low power consumption, targeting the vision AI market space. The RZ/V series consists of two products:
- The RZ/V2L with simple ISP, 3D graphics engine and highly versatile peripheral functions which is suitable for a wide range of applications.
- The RZ/V2M features a high performance image signal processor (ISP) with 4K/30fps support.
Key Messages for RZ/V series MPUs:
◊ Best in class heat dissipation for embedded AI MPU
◊ Easy to design embedded AI MPU
◊ DRP library provides image processing options
◊ Compatibility between RZ/V2L and RZ/G2L
◊ More powerful AI performance with RZ/V2M
- No heat sink or cooling fan is needed, enabling reduced product size & BOM costs.
- RZ/V2L enables building of a vision AI system using an inexpensive camera module without an ISP.
- RZ/V2M provides “Tuned ISP” for growing list of sensors to use highest quality images without needing labor intensive ISP parameter tuning.
RZ/V2L Block Diagram
RZ/V2M Block Diagram
RZ/V Evaluation Board Kits
RZ/V2L Evaluation Board Kit
The RZ/V2L Evaluation Board Kit consists of a module board (SOM) and a carrier board that can easily start evaluation of the RZ/V2L. It also includes the MIPI Camera Module (MIPI CSI). The carrier board can be commonly used with RZ/G2L, RZ/G2LC, RZ/G2UL, and RZ/V2L modules (SOM) prepared according to the SMARC v2.1 standard. This allows you to experience seamless and flexible evaluation between these devices.
Evaluation Board Kit includes:
RZ/V2M Evaluation Board Kit
The RZ/V2M BSP, ISP, and DRP-AI can be evaluated on the RZV2M Evaluation Kit