STMicroelectronics’ STM32G4 series of microcontrollers provides a combination of high processor throughput, generous provision of analog peripherals, and a choice of connectivity options.
The STM32G4 MCUs are based on a 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M4 core, which includes floating-point unit and digital signal processor instructions, running at a clock speed of 170MHz. The series also offers three kinds of hardware accelerators:
• ART Accelerator™ block for speeding processor-memory interactions
• CCM-SRAM memory routine booster
• Mathematical accelerators
The STM32G4 series also offers:
• Advanced analog peripherals, including comparators, operational amplifiers and DACs
• 12-bit ADC
• Dual-bank Flash memory with error-correcting code. The dual-bank configuration supports in-the-field firmware upgrades.
• Securable memory area
• High-resolution timer
• AES hardware encryption
Advanced connectivity options include a USB Type-C® interface and physical layer (PHY). The USB Type-C implementation supports the USB Power Delivery specification for controlling power supplied to peripheral devices.
The STM32G4 series consists of:
• The STM32G4x1 Access line – general-purpose MCUs with a basic set of analog peripherals
• The STM32G4x3 Performance line – general-purpose MCUs with a high number of analog peripherals
• The STM32G4x4 Hi-resolution line – includes a high-resolution timer and complex waveform builder plus event handler for digital power conversion. This line of MCUs is suitable for applications such as digital switch-mode power supplies, lighting, welding, solar power generation and wireless charging.
Board part number: NUCLEO-G431RB
This STM32 Nucleo board features an STM32G431 microcontroller in an LQFP64 package, a user LED, user and reset push-buttons, a 32.768kHz crystal oscillator, Arduino™ Uno V3 and ST morpho headers, and comprehensive free software libraries and examples via the STM32Cube MCU Package.
USB Type-C® and USB-C® are registered trademarks of USB Implementers Forum.