Renesas RZ/A3UL Powerful 1GHz 64-Bit MPUs
With RTOS Support That Enables High-Definition HMI, Quick Startup and Excellent Cost Performance
Renesas RZ/A3UL Microprocessors (MPUs) allow customers to achieve the full potential of a real-time operating system (RTOS) while leveraging the performance boost provided by the 64-bit Arm® Cortex®-A55 CPU core with a maximum operating frequency of 1 GHz.
This MPU integrates an Octal-SPI memory interface that facilitates simpler and more compact board designs. In addition, the RZ/A3UL includes versions that support a DDR3L/DDR4 memory interface to enable connection of high-speed DRAM.
Using an RTOS allows systems to start up instantly, in less than a second after boot-up. This feature is ideal for systems that require a fast response time such as industrial equipment, home appliances and office automation equipment with liquid crystal displays or control panels, as well as audio equipment and POS terminals.
RTOS-based applications requiring high performance immediately after speedy wake-up
- Enables speedy wake-up in simple HMI, IoT Gateway/Controller and Voice/Sound devices.
- Provides a cost-effective solution for customers while satisfying high performance at 1GHz frequency on 64bit CPU.
- Easy to use, no need to require high speed design of memory interface for Octal
- DDR3L/4 memory interface is for high resolution HMI system which needing high-throughput memory bandwidth.
- Provides a wide range of S/W packages and compact systems that can be built at low cost.
- Easy to expand a product lineup across OS types and CPU core architecture.
RZ/A3UL Block Diagram
Renesas RZ/A3UL Evaluation Board Kit
Renesas RZ/A3UL Evaluation Board Kit is ideal for evaluating RZ/A3UL. The RZ/A3UL Evaluation Board Kit consists of a module board (SOM) and a carrier board. The carrier board can be commonly used with RZ/G2UL, RZ/Five and RZ/G2L modules (SOM) prepared according to the SMARC v2.1 standard. This allows you to experience seamless and flexible evaluation between these devices.
Two types of evaluation boards are available: QSPI version and Octal-SPI version. For each version, there are two types: J link lite included type and J link lite not included type. Please select according to your needs.
RZ/G2UL, RZ/A3UL, RZ/Five SMARC Module Board User's Manual: Hardware
QSPI version: Memory configuration/ QSPI Serial Flash(Boot) + DDR4
Octal-SPI version: Memory configuration/ Octa Flash(Boot) + OctaRAM + DDR4