Panasonic PAN9520 Embedded Wi-Fi Module
Includes wireless radio and MCU for easy integration of Wi-Fi connectivity
The Panasonic PAN9520 is a 2.4 GHz ISM band Wi-Fi embedded module based on Espressif ESP32-S2. Including the powerful Xtensa® 32-bit LX7 CPU, the PAN9520 features an integrated chip antenna and QSPI memory which enables the RF Module to be used in a variety of stand-alone or host-controlled applications.
The PAN9520’s integrated crystal ensures connection performance over full temperature range and lifetime. The Panasonic PAN9520 Series is one of the smallest RF Modules on the market, yet it does not lack features, offering a rich set of peripherals such as full-speed USB OTG, SPI, UART, I²C, and much more.
The PAN9520 Series RF Module combines a high‑performance CPU, high‑sensitivity wireless radio, baseband (BB) processor, Medium Access Controller (MAC), encryption unit, ROM bootloader, chip-internal SRAM, and module-internal QSPI flash and PSRAM. Features such as CCMP, TKIP, WAPI, WEP, BIP, and an AES accelerator enable the usage of secure data connections. Parallel support of access point and station mode allows easy setup of simultaneous Wi‑Fi connections from the RF Module to smart devices and home network routers.
Espressif Integrated Development Framework (ESP-IDF)
With the Espressif Integrated Development Framework (ESP-IDF), software can be developed for a wide range of applications. At the same time, a huge number of software examples can be used as a starting point for the development.
General Features and Benefits
- Embedded 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n RF Module
- Xtensa Single-Core 32-bit LX7 Microprocessor, Up To 240 MHz
- Chip Internal 128 kB ROM, 320 kB SRAM, And 16 kB Low Power SRAM
- Integrated QSPI Flash And PSRAM; Depends On Product Version:
- 4MB Flash /2 MB PSRAM
- 1MB Flash / No PSRAM
- All Security Features Required For WPA2 And WPA3 Personal
- Espressif Integrated Development Framework (ESP-IDF) With A Multitude Of Examples Available For Software Development.
- Supports 20 MHz And 40 MHz Bandwidths In 2.4 GHz Band With Data Rates Up To 150 Mbps
- Simultaneous Support For Infrastructure Station, SoftAP, And Promiscuous Modes
- 802.11mc Fine Time Measurement (FTM)
- 43× Programmable GPIOs With A Rich Set Of Alternative Functionalities
PAN9520 Additional Features
- Surface Mount Type (SMT): 24 mm × 13 mm × 3.1 mm
- Typical Max. Output 19.5 dBm At IEEE 802.11b @1 Mbps
- Rx Sensitivity -97 dBm at IEEE 802.11b @1 Mbps
- Current Consumption 190 mA Tx (Average At 11b, 1 Mbps), 68 mA Rx (40 MHz channel), 310 mA Tx Peak
- Voltage Range: 3V to 3.6V
- Temperature Range: -40 °C to 85 °C
The Panasonic PAN9520 Evaluation Kit is an all-inclusive, Arduino form factor board and comprehensive kit which supports rapid prototyping using the PAN9520 Series RF Module.
Featuring the PAN9520 RF Module with 4MB or 1MB of Flash memory, a 40MHz crystal oscillator and a chip antenna onboard, the PAN9520 Series Evaluation Kit supports the Espressif Integrated Development Framework (ESP-IDF) which can be used to develop software for a wide range of applications.
This Evaluation Kit comes with at least 43 programmable GPIOs that can be set for any preferable functionality such as Sensors.