I-PEX CABLINE® Family of Micro-Coaxial Connectors
Consists of CABLINE®-CA, CA II, VS, VS II, UM, UY and others
The I-PEX CABLINE® family of micro-coaxial connectors support signal & power delivery and have the option of providing 360-degree EMC shielding (ZenShield®). The cables can be bundled to make it easy to route them through narrow spaces and hinges. The CABLINE® family is capable of handling high data rates such as USB4, Thunderbolt 3, eDP HBR3, PCIe Gen 3/4 and more.
With the number of applications that include high resolution cameras and panels on the rise, along with higher signal transfer speeds, CABLINE® micro-coaxial cables combine high-speed signal characteristics and mechanical advantages which make them a preferred solution.
These connectors are ideal for connecting displays, camera modules, storage devices and other applications.
- Return Loss Reduction:
- The center conductor, dielectric and outer conductor in micro-coaxial cables are suitable for matching and are stabilized at specific impedance.
- Matched and stabilized impedance creates a low return loss.
- Insertion Loss Reduction:
- A micro-coaxial cable can secure a larger cross-sectional area of the center conductor compared to FPC/FFC when matching to specific impedance, which minimizes the reduction of insertion loss.
- High Shielding Performance:
- The outer conductor works as an electromagnetic shield so the electrical signal transmitted on the center conductor is less susceptible to electromagnetic waves (electromagnetic noise) from the outside.
- The shielding effect of the outer conductor also helps to reduce crosstalk between signal lines.
- Higher degree of flexibility compared to shielded FPC / FFC
- Micro-coaxial connectors help stabilize the electrical characteristics even if it is bent.
- No electrical noise from connector to possible Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)
- Protects the transmission signal from possible Electromagnetic Susceptibility (EMS)
- Various connection options:
- CABLINE®-VS II Receptacle with CABLINE®-VS II Plug & Micro-coaxial wire
- CABLINE®-VS II Receptacle with CABLINE®-VS IIF Plug & Shielded FPC
- CABLINE®-VS Receptacle with CABLINE®-VS II Plug & Micro-coaxial wire
- CABLINE®-VS II Receptacle with CABLINE®-VSF Plug & Shielded or non-shielded FPC
- EVAFLEX® 5-VS with EVAFLEX® 5-VS Shielded/non-shielded FPC/FFC
- Contact pitch options:
- 0.5 mm pitch
- 0.4 mm pitch
- 0.3 mm pitch
- 0.25 mm pitch
- EMC Shielding, mechanical lock options
- EMC Shielding (ZenShield™)
- Mechanical lock
- Mating Type Options
- Horizontal mating
- Vertical mating