Infineon 32-bit XMC7000 Industrial Microcontroller
Arm® Cortex®-M7, Low-power 40-nm process technology MCUs that offer best-in-class compute performance addressing high-end industrial applications.
The XMC7000 by Infineon is the latest entry in their industrial microcontroller portfolio, equipped with peripherals such as CAN FD, TCPWM and Gb Ethernet, which increase flexibility and offer added value. The new MCU family offers a single and dual-core Cortex®-M7 Arm® core, both supported by a Cortex®-M0+ enabling designers to optimize their end products to meet the dynamic and demanding business conditions of industrial applications.
In addition a comprehensive set of advanced peripherals, along with a competitive set of security makes it attractive to customers, who need a high quality grade platform. The MCU is able to operate in harsh environments with a temperature range of -40°C to 125°C and in parallel be the best choice to power critical applications due to its lower-power modes down to 8µA. The XMC7000 comes in four package/pin types with 17 part number variants to meet the flexible design requirements of industrial applications.
The XMC7000 architecture is built on a low-power 40-nm process technology and the MCUs offer best-in-class compute performance addressing high-end industrial applications. As a highlight, the XMC7200 integrates Gigabit Ethernet, bringing real time ethernet communications, providing reliable connectivity for always on applications.
The Infineon XMC7000 family comes in 2 series: XMC7100 and XMC7200 and it is available in TQFP and LFBGA packages scaling from 100 to 272 pins. The family addresses industrial market needs with powerful on-chip peripheral subsystems and on-chip memory units and is ideal for motor control, digital power conversion and I/O applications.
The XMC7100/7200 series of microcontrollers take advantage of Infineon's decades of experience in microcontroller design, providing an optimized solution to meet the performance challenges of today's embedded control applications.
XM7000 Family Key Features
XM7000 Family Target Applications
- Higher processing performance & ability for tasks distribution
- Real time control, optimal solution for motor control & power conversion applications, and advanced security options
- Enabling operations in high ambient temperature environments
- Low power modes for power-saving in energy-critical applications
- Multiple footprint and packaging options make it easy to adapt on existing PCB
Infineon XMC7200 Diagram
Infineon XMC7200 Evaluation Kit
The XMC7200 evaluation kit (KIT_XMC72_EVK) enables you to evaluate and develop your applications using the XMC7200D microcontroller. The XMC7200D is designed for industrial applications and it is a true programmable embedded system-on-chip, integrating up to two 350-MHz Arm® Cortex®-M7 as the primary application processor, a 100-MHz Arm® Cortex®-M0+ that supports the following:
- Low-power operations
- Up to 8 MB flash and 1 MB SRAM
- Gigabit Ethernet
- CAN FD
- Secure Digital Host Controller (SDHC) supporting SD/SDIO/eMMC interfaces
- Programmable analog and digital peripherals that allow faster time-to-market
KIT_XMC72_EVK - XMC7200 Evaluation Kit Quick Start Guide
The XMC7200 evaluation kit is supported by Infineon's ModusToolbox™ - a collection of easy-to-use software and tools enabling rapid development of Infineon MCUs. The ModusToolbox™ tools package includes:
- Desktop programs that enable the creation of new embedded applications, managing software components, configuring device peripherals and middleware.
- Embedded development tools for compiling, programming, and debugging your application.
- Extensive collection of GitHub-hosted repositories comprised of code examples, board support packages, middleware, and application support.
Learn more about ModusToolbox™ and discover a modern, extensible development environment supporting XMC™ Industrial Microcontrollers.