NXP Kinetis KE17Z / KE13Z / KE12Z Microcontrollers (MCUs)
5V Robust MCUs based on Arm® Cortex®-M0+ up to 72MHz and providing up to 256 KB Flash, 48 KB RAM and extends Kinetis E family with dual touch IPs up to 50 channels
KE1xZ MCUs by NXP are based on the Arm® Cortex®-M0+ core, running up to 72 MHz. These MCUs support up to 256 KB flash, 48 KB RAM, and a complete set of analog/digital features. Optional robust TSI module provides a high level of stability and accuracy to any HMI system. The 1-Msps ADC and FlexTimer modules provide an ideal solution for BLDC motor-control systems.
The MSCAN IP (offered on selected part numbers) is ideal for the CAN node control and auto after car market applications.
NXP launched KE17Z / KE13Z / KE12Z with up to 256 KB Flash and 48 KB RAM, in which the KE17Z family represents NXP’s latest offering to bring dual TSI with up to 50 channels into the Kinetis E product portfolio.
- High robust for harsh EMC environment
- 2.7V – 5.5V Power Supply & 5V I/O pads
- EMC Test Performance
- Capacitive Touch Sensing solution that provides a compelling user experience
- Supports both self-cap and mutual-cap mode
- Up to 2 identical TSI modules with up to 50 touch channels
- High performance in liquid tolerance and noise immunity
- Rich feature integration for industrial and motor control
- PWM, Timers, 1Msps ADC, Comparator
- Scalable Portfolio
- Expands the KE1xZ series to 256 KB and 128 KB Flash with more touch options
- Optimizes BOM cost
KE1xZ Series Block Diagram
Kinetis E Target Markets & Applications
FRDM-KE17Z Freedom Development Platform
The FRDM-KE17Z is designed to work in standalone mode or as the main board of FRDM-TOUCH, FRDM-MC-LVBLDC and Arduino® boards.
This board is compatible with DC 5v and 3.3v power supply and features a KE17Z, a device boasting up to 256KB Flash and 48KB SRAM and numerous analog and digital peripherals. The onboard interfaces include an RGB LED, an ambient temperature sensor, two capacitive touchpads.
FRDM-TOUCH: Touch Module for Freedom Board
FRDM-TOUCH Quick Start Guide
- Integrated Development Environments (IDE)
- MCUXpresso IDE
- IAR® Embedded Workbench
- Arm KEIL®
- MCUXpresso Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Extensive suite of robust peripheral drivers, stacks, and middleware
- Includes software examples demonstrating use of peripheral drivers and middleware
- NXP Touch Software