Single Pair Ethernet (SPE) IP20 Connectors
Single Pair Ethernet (SPE) connectors for Industrial applications bring direct Ethernet connectivity to peripheral devices like sensors, actuators, and vision system cameras that operate at speeds up to 1Gb/s. SPE eliminates slow expensive and complex fieldbus protocols and connections by simplifying and standardizing existing and new industrial network systems.
Robust right angle and vertical PCB mount SPE jacks mate to field terminable plugs, providing a complete shielded interface with metal latching features.
- Two way 600MHz data transmission
- 2 contacts and 2 wire cable for single pair ethernet
- 4A current rating
- PCB mount jack shields have robust integrated solder tails with available board-locks
- Mated pair maintains 360° shielding for the signal contacts
- Positive latching with robust thumb-actuated metal latch
- IDC (Insulation Displacement) termination plugs
- Supports Ethernet protocols of 1Gb/s up to 40m, and 10Mb/s up to 1km
- Minimizes connector and cabling cost, increases cabling density and ease of installation
- Supports PoDL, up to 1km cable lengths with no signal degradation
- Suitable for Pin-in-Paste assembly and prevents damage from mechanical stresses
- Provides excellent EMI immunity
- Prevents accidental unmating
- Easier field installation and service
Amphenol ix Industrial™ Series Industrial Ethernet Connectors
The Amphenol ix Industrial™ series of ethernet connectors meet the growing demands of Industry 4.0 and Cloud to Factory floor Ethernet connectivity. The fully-capable IEC 61076-3-124 compliant 10-position connector is capable of handling Cat6A performance, in a compact package that is 70% smaller than the size of a typical RJ45 connector.
The ix Industrial™ series of ethernet connectors feature 10mm connector pitch, a robust 2-point metal latching, 360-degree shielding for EMI immunity, poised to meet the needs of new higher density Industrial Ethernet communication designs.
The ix Industrial™ is ideal for use in equipment for Factory and Process Automation, Machine to Machine communication, Robotics, Sensors, Human Interface devices, and all devices requiring Ethernet IoT connectivity in a highly automated Industrial environment.
- Complies with IEC61076-3-124
- 75% smaller than RJ45
- 10 position connector with Cat6A 10GBASE-T performance and PoE capability
- 360° shielding through mated pair
- 2-point metal latching
- Heavy duty shield solder hold-down tabs on PCB mount receptacles
- 5000 mating cycles
- Field terminable IDC plugs with solder options
- Keyed housings (Type-A, -B, -C)
- Fully qualified second source intermateable with other vendors’ products
- 10mm connector pitch provides greater port density
- Supports Ethernet/IP and common protocols including Profinet, DeviceNet, EtherCAT, Modbus and others
- Provides excellent EMI immunity for use in electrically noisy environments
- Extremely robust mating to prevent accidental disconnection, and more durable than RJ45 latch
- Provides secure connection to the PCB protecting SMT joint integrity under mechanical stresses
- High durability
- Ease of custom cabling or repair in the field with IDC contacts
- Solder version for high volume assembly
- Controlled mating for Ethernet, Signal/Bus, other ports