STM32L5 Series Microcontrollers (MCU): Excellence in Ultra-Low Power with More Security
The STM32L5 microcontroller series is the solution to increased focus on security for developers of embedded and IoT applications. The ultra-low-power STMicroelectronics STM32L5 series provides a new optimal balance between performance, power and security. The MCU series harnesses the security features of the Arm Cortex-M33 processor and its TrustZone for Armv8-M combined with ST security implementation. STMicroelectronics ultra-low-power technologies create the class-leading STM32L5 MCU for energy-conscious applications such as Internet of Things (IoT), medical, industrial and consumer.
Offering up to 512 Kbytes of flash (dual bank) memory and 256 Kbytes of SRAM, the STM32L5 series of microcontrollers reaches an upgraded level of performance (442 CoreMark) thanks to this new core and a new ST ART Accelerator™ (supporting now also external memory).
Full set of embedded security features
- Flexible hardware and software with secure isolations with the STM32L5 TrustZone
- Enhanced security services: Dedicated secure user memory space for Secure Boot, symmetric and asymmetric crypto accelerations, memory and IP protection, independent Read out protection between secure / non secure domains, active IO tamper detection, certified cryptolib, embedded Secure Firmware Install loader and ecosystem.
Best power consumption
- EEMBC ULPBench®: 370 ULPMark-CP score
- Embedded SMPS step down converter (optional)
- Best power consumption numbers with full flexibility:
- 17 nA in shutdown mode
- 3 µA in stop mode with full SRAM and peripheral states retention with 5µs wake-up time
- Down to 62 µA/MHz in active mode
Integration, size and performance
- Better responsiveness of the application:
- New Arm Cortex-M33 at 110 MHz performance: +20% versus Cortex-M4
- New ST ART Accelerator: working both on internal and external Flash (8 Kbytes of instruction cache)
- Achieving 165 DMIPS and 442 CoreMark scores
- High integration and innovation: large memory, USB Type-C w/power delivery controller, CAN FD
- Large portfolio: 7 packages type (LQFP48, QFN48, LQFP64, WLCSP81, LQFP100, UFBGA132 and LQFP144) for several options
The STM32L5 portfolio offers 7 packages (from 48 to 144 pins) and supports up to 125°C ambient temperature.