Infineon IMI111T iMOTION™ IPM for Motor Control
Fully integrated high-performance turnkey motor control system
The Infineon IMI111T-026 is an Intelligent Power Module (IPM) with microcontroller, gate driver and IGBTs all packaged in a DSO-22 package with the option for a single layer layout. This iMOTION™ IPM integrating motor controller, three phase gate driver and 600 V/2 A IGBTs enables control of 3 phase electric motors up to 50W and 600V. The IMI111T-026H device does not require a heatsink which enables compact and low weight designs. As part of the iMOTION™ IMI111T series of highly integrated products for variable speed drive control, it offers full 3-phase inverter functionality with a motor controller, 3-phase gate driver and IGBT-based power stage in a compact DSO package.
Designing with the IMI11T-026 is greatly simplified with the EVAL-IMI111T-026 evaluation board that enables rapid prototyping of any inverter motor control system. The IMI111T-026H mounted on the board has been pre-programmed with the MCE firmware version that was recent at the time of board manufacturing.
All iMOTION™ products are based on Infineon’s patented, field-tested Motion Control Engine (MCE) algorithms, eliminating software coding from the development process. The setup and operation of the motor control system is supported by iMOTION Solution Designer, which provides system configuration, device setup and final tuning and monitoring.
Industrial robots have become increasingly important in industrial environments. Investment costs keep falling, the highest production quality and precisely repeatable processes are ensured and human workers are relieved from working in dangerous environments. Many of these systems rely heavily on motor drives and servo systems to generate the correct amount of force and operate safely and effectively.
Infineon’s expertise and wide portfolio of solutions can be a key ingredient in a successful design.
- Motion Control Engine (MCE) as a ready-to-use control solution for variable speed drives
- Integrated script engine for application control customization
- Integrated drive and system protection features
- Field oriented control (FOC) for permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM)
- Flexible space vector PWM for sinusoidal voltage control
- Current sensing via single shunt
- Sensorless operation
- Integrated analog comparators for over-current protection
- Built-in temperature sensor
- Flexible control input options: UART or analog signal
- Certified drive safety functions according to IEC/UL 60730-1 ‘Class B’
- High voltage three phase gate driver with 600 V blocking voltage
- 15 V supply voltage for gate driver
- Integrated boot strap diode structure
- Isolation 1500 VRMS 1 min
- 3.3 V or 5.0 V controller supply voltage
- 2 different IGBT options: 2 A/600 V and 4 A/600 V
- Optimized dv/dt for loss and EMI trade offs
- Very compact DSO-22 package
- Small and major home appliances
- Fans, pumps, compressors
- General purpose variable speed drives