Manufacturer Part #
MCP3905A Energy Meter Reference Design
Features & Applications
MCP3905RD-PM1 Energy Meter Reference Design (using the new MCP3905A/06A device) is a stand-alone low cost energy meter. It can act as either a stand alone energy meter, or as the analog front end design for LCD microcontroller based meters.
The design is specified with an energy measurement error of 0.1% typical across 1:500 dynamic range for high accurate energy meter designs. This reference design is compliant with EMC requirements per energy metering standards IEC62053 and legacy IEC61036, IEC1046 and IEC687.
- Uses the new MCP3905A/06A devices
- Demonstration board is a ready to use single-chip low cost energy meter
- Direct connection to line for energy meter, no transformers required
- On-board power supply circuitry
- Resistive network and Output LED for meter calibration
- Resistor shorts for gain and frequency selection