Manufacturer Part #
WSL Series 1206 0.25 W 2 mOhm ±1% ±275 ppm/°C SMT Power Metal Strip® Resistor
|Standard Pkg:|| |
Product Variant Information section
|Case Size:||1206 (3216 Metric)|
|Mounting Method:||Surface Mount|
Features & Applications
Vishay’s WSL Power Metal Strip® current sensing resistors combine superior performance in high-temperature applications with a wide range of package sizes and a choice of resistance values from 0.0002 Ohms to 1 Ohm. These patented, state-of-the-art products deliver overload capabilities equivalent to wirewound devices and temperature coefficients as low as 30 ppm/°C.
Current sensing Power Metal Strip® resistors allow control circuitry to monitor the level of current in a circuit by translating current into a voltage that can be monitored easily. The devices work by resisting the current flow in a circuit to a calibrated level, thus allowing a voltage drop to be detected and monitored by control circuitry. The low resistance values of Power Metal Strip® resistors allow this function to be carried out with exceptional efficiency.
Current Sensing Power Metal Film can be used in a variety of applications and is ideal for:
• All types of current sensing, voltage division and pulse applications including switching and linear power supplies, instruments, power amplifiers.
• Proprietary processing technique produces extremely low resistance values (down to 0.001 O)
• All welded construction
• Solid metal Nickel-Chrome or Manganese-Copper alloy resistive element with low TCR (< 20 ppm/°C)
• Solderable terminations
• Very low inductance 0.5 nH to 5 nH
• Excellent frequency response to 50 MHz
• Low thermal EMF (< 3 µV/°C)
• Lead (Pb)-free version is RoHS compliant