Manufacturer Part #
MIC4417 Series Single 18 V 1.2 A Surface Mount Low Side Driver - SOT-143
|Standard Pkg:|| |
Product Variant Information section
3000 per Reel
Microchip MIC4417YM4-TR - Product Specification
Microchip MIC4417YM4-TR - Technical Attributes
|No of Outputs:||Single|
|Peak Output Current:||1.2A|
|Operating Temp Range:||-40°C to +85°C|
|Package Style:||SOT-143 (TO-253-4)|
|Mounting Method:||Surface Mount|
$Features & Applications
The MIC4417YM4 TR and MIC4416 IttyBitty™ low-side MOSFET drivers are designed to switch an N-channel enhancement-type MOSFET from a TTL-compatible control signal in low-side switch applications. The MIC4416 is noninverting and the MIC4417 is inverting. These drivers feature short delays and high peak current to produce precise edges and rapid rise and fall times. Their tiny 4-lead SOT-143 package uses minimum space.
The MIC4416/7 is powered from a +4.5 V to +18 V supply voltage. The on-state gate drive output voltage is approximately equal to the supply voltage (no internal regulators or clamps). High supply voltages, such as 10V, are appropriate for use with standard N-channel MOSFETs. Low supply voltages, such as 5 V, are appropriate for use with logic-level N-channel MOSFETs. In a low-side configuration, the driver can control a MOSFET that switches any voltage up to the rating of the MOSFET. The MIC4416 is available in the SOT-143 package and is rated for –40°C to +85°C ambient temperature range.
- +4.5 V to +18 V operation.
- Low steady-state supply current.
- 50 µA typical, control input low.
- 370 µA typical, control input high.
- 1.2 Ω A nominal peak output.
- 3.5 Ω typical output resistance at 18 V supply.
- 7.8 typical output resistance at 5 V supply.
- 25 mV maximum output offset from supply or ground.
- Operates in low-side switch circuits.
- TTL-compatible input withstands –20 V.
- ESD protection.
- Inverting and noninverting versions.
- Battery conservation.
- Solenoid and motion control.
- Lamp control.
- Switch-mode power supplies.
3000 per Reel