Manufacturer Part #
MIC4423 Series 3.5 Ohm 3 A SMT Dual Peak Low-Side MOSFET Driver - SOIC-8
|Standard Pkg:|| |
Product Variant Information section
95 per Tube
|No of Outputs:||Dual|
|Peak Output Current:||3A|
|Mounting Method:||Surface Mount|
Features & Applications
The MIC4423YM/4424/4425 family are highly reliable BiCMOS/DMOS buffer/driver/MOSFET drivers. They are higher output current versions of the MIC4426/4427/4428, which are improved versions of the MIC426/427/428. All three families are pin-compatible.
The MIC4423/4424/4425 drivers are capable of giving reliable service in more demanding electrical environments than their predecessors. They will not latch under any conditions within their power and voltage ratings. They can survive up to 5 V of noise spiking, of either polarity, on the ground pin. They can accept, without either damage or logic upset, up to half an amp of reverse current (either polarity) forced back into their outputs.
The MIC4423/4424/4425 series drivers are easier to use, more flexible in operation, and more forgiving than other CMOS or bipolar drivers currently available. Their BiCMOS/DMOS construction dissipates minimum power and provides rail-to-rail voltage swings. Primarily intended for driving power MOSFETs, the MIC4423/4424/4425 drivers are suitable for driving other loads (capacitive, resistive, or inductive) which require low-impedance, high peak currents, and fast switching times. Heavily loaded clock lines, coaxial cables, or piezoelectric transducers are some examples. The only known limitation on loading is that total power dissipated in the driver must be kept within the maximum power dissipation limits of the package.
- Reliable, low-power bipolar/CMOS/DMOS construction.
- Latch-up protected to >500 mA reverse current.
- Logic input withstands swing to –5 V.
- High 3 A-peak output current.
- Wide 4.5 V to 18 V operating range.
- Drives 1800 pF capacitance in 25 ns.
- Short <40 ns typical delay time.
- Delay times consistent with in supply voltage change.
- Matched rise and fall times.
- TTL logic input independent of supply voltage.
- Low equivalent 6 pF input capacitance.
- Low supply current.
- 3.5 mA with logic-1 input.
- 350 µA with logic-0 input.
- Low 3.5 Ω typical output impedance.
- Output voltage swings within 25 mV of ground or VS.
- ‘426/7/8-, ‘1426/7/8-, ‘4426/7/8-compatible pinout.
- Inverting, noninverting, and differential configurations.
- Switch Mode Power Supplies.
- Motor Controls.
- Pulse Transformer Driver.
- Class-D Switching Amplifiers.
- Line Drivers.
- Driving MOSFET or IGBT Parallel Chip Modules.
- Local Power ON/OFF Switch.
- Pulse Generators.
95 per Tube