Manufacturer Part #
MIC4451 Series 1 Ohm 12 A Peak Low-Side MOSFET Driver - TO-220-5
|Standard Pkg:|| |
Product Variant Information section
50 per Tube
|No of Outputs:||Single|
|Peak Output Current:||12A|
|Mounting Method:||Flange Mount|
Features & Applications
MIC4451ZT and MIC4452 CMOS MOSFET drivers are tough, efficient, and easy to use. The MIC4451 is an inverting driver, while the MIC4452 is a non-inverting driver. Both versions are capable of 12 A (peak) output and can drive the largest MOSFETs with an improved safe operating margin.
The MIC4451/4452 accepts any logic input from 2.4 V to VS without external speed-up capacitors or resistor networks. Proprietary circuits allow the input to swing negative by as much as 5 V without damaging the part. Additional circuits protect against damage from electrostatic discharge. MIC4451/4452 drivers can replace three or more discrete components, reducing PCB area requirements, simplifying product design, and reducing assembly cost. Modern Bipolar/CMOS/DMOS construction guarantees freedom from latch-up. The rail-to-rail swing capability of CMOS/DMOS insures adequate gate voltage to the MOSFET during power up/down sequencing. Since these devices are fabricated on a self-aligned process, they have very low crossover current, run cool, use little power, and are easy to drive.
- BiCMOS/DMOS Construction.
- Latch-Up Proof: Fully Isolated Process is Inherently Immune to Any Latch-up.
- Input Will Withstand Negative Swing of Up to 5 V.
- Matched Rise and Fall Times 25 ns.
- High Peak Output Current 12 A Peak.
- Wide Operating Range 4.5 V to 18 V.
- High Capacitive Load Drive 62,000 pF.
- Low Delay Time 30 ns Typ.
- Logic High Input for Any Voltage from 2.4 V to VS.
- Low Supply Current 450 µA With Logic 1 Input.
- Low Output Impedance 1.0 Ω.
- Output Voltage Swing to Within 25 mV of GND or VS.
- Low Equivalent Input Capacitance (typ) 7 pF.
- Switch Mode Power Supplies.
- Motor Controls.
- Pulse Transformer Driver.
- Class-D Switching Amplifiers.
- Line Drivers.
- Driving MOSFET or IGBT Parallel Chip Modules.
- Local Power ON/OFF Switch.
- Pulse Generators.
50 per Tube