Manufacturer Part #
|Standard Pkg:|| |
Product Variant Information section
95 per Tube
|Type:||RAID Systems Controller|
|No of Outputs:||Single|
|Mounting Method:||Surface Mount|
Features & Applications
The MIC2582-MYM is a single channel positive voltage hot swap controllers designed to allow the safe insertion of boards into live system backplanes. Using few external components, the parts act in conjunction with an external N-Channel MOSFET device, for which the gate drive is controlled to provide inrush current-limiting and output voltage slew rate control.
The MIC2582-MYM is rated for operation from supply voltages from 2.3 V to 13.2 V, but can withstand transient voltages as high as 20 V without damage. Overcurrent fault protection is provided along with a programmable overcurrent threshold. Active current regulation during start-up ensures that inrush current never exceeds the programmed threshold. The MIC2582-MYM provide a circuit breaker function that latches the output MOSFET off if the current limit threshold is exceeded for a programmed period of time. Dual-level fault detection allows very fast response to short circuit faults while preventing lower level overcurrent transients from causing “nuisance tripping” of the circuit breaker. For the MIC2583, a /FAULT signal is provided indicating overcurrent or undervoltage fault conditions.
- Provides safe insertion and removal from live backplanes.
- 2.3 V to 13.2 V supply voltage operation.
- Surge voltage protection up to 20 V.
- Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO) protection.
- Programmable inrush current-limiting.
- Current regulation limits inrush-current regardless of load capacitance.
- Dual-level overcurrent fault sensing eliminates false tripping.
- Fast response to short circuit conditions (<1 µs).
- Power-On Reset and Power-Good status outputs (MIC2583).
- Programmable output undervoltage detection.
- Electronic circuit-breaker.
- /FAULT status output.
- Auto-restart function (MIC2583R).
- RAID systems.
- Base stations.
- PC board hot swap insertion and removal.
- Hot swap CompactPCI cards.
- Network switches.
95 per Tube