Manufacturer Part #
SP3223E Series 120 kbps 5.5 V Intelligent RS-232 Transceiver - SSOP-20
|Standard Pkg:|| |
Product Variant Information section
1500 per Reel
|Operating Temp Range:||-40°C to +85°C|
|Supply Voltage:||3V to 5.5V|
|No. of Drivers:||2|
|No. of Receivers:||2|
|No of Terminals:||20|
|Moisture Sensitivity Level:||2|
|Mounting Method:||Surface Mount|
Features & Applications
With over 200 devices, wide 2.25 to 5.5V power supply range, 1 to 128 bytes of FIFO and compliance with the universal 3.3/5V PCI, Intel and Motorola bus interfaces, including single protocol ICs that support RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485 as well as dual and multi-protocol ICs that support from 2 to 8 of the most popular interface standards with a single IC, Exar has already done the difficult work for you.
We can deliver an immediate competitive advantage to your compressed time-to-market demands accelerating initial design, to functioning prototype and finally volume production.
The SP3223 products are RS-232 transceiver solutions intended for portable applications such as notebook and hand held computers. The SP3223 use an internal high-efficiency, charge-pump power supply that requires only 0.1μF capacitors in 3.3V operation. This charge pump and Exar's driver architecture allow the SP3223 series to deliver compliant RS-232 performance from a single power supply ranging from +3.3V to +5.0V.
The SP3223 is a 2-driver/2-receiver device ideal for laptop/notebook computer and PDA applications. The AUTO ON-LINE® feature allows the device to automatically "wake-up" during a shutdown state when an RS-232 cable is connected and a connected peripheral is turned on. Otherwise, the device automatically shuts itself down drawing less than 1uA.
- Meets true EIA/TIA-232-F Standards
- from a +3.0V to +5.5V power supply
- Interoperable with EIA/TIA-232 and
- adheres to EIA/TIA-562 down to a +2.7V power source
- AUTO ON-LINE® circuitry automatically wakes up from a 1μA shutdown
- Minimum 250Kbps data rate under load (EB)
- 1 Mbps data rate for high speed RS-232 (EU)
- Regulated Charge Pump Yields Stable RS-232 Outputs Regardless of Vcc Variations
- ESD Specifications:
- ±15KV Human Body Model
- ±15KV IEC1000-4-2 Air Discharge
- ±8KV IEC1000-4-2 Contact Discharge
1500 per Reel