Power Integrations’ New InnoSwitch3-TN ICs Slash Energy Waste in Appliance Power Supplies by 75%
Beyond the buck regulator: Newest InnoSwitch3 IC family delivers simplicity, flexibility, and industry-leading efficiency in high-output-current designs
Power Integrations InnoSwitch3-TN is an advanced and innovative portfolio of flyback switcher ICs ideal for both isolated and non-isolated designs in a wide range of power supplies used in appliances, consumer products and industrial applications.
The InnoSwitch3-TN family dramatically increases the efficiency of auxiliary power supplies and can achieve up to 90% full load efficiency, flat efficiency across the load range and very low no-load consumption.
The 725 V primary MOSFET, primary and secondary flyback controllers are coupled using the proprietary FluxLink communications channel. Safety-rated FluxLink communication ensures reliable synchronous rectification and accurate output CV and CC. Comprehensive safety features include output over-current protection and over-temperature protection.
The InnoSwitch3-TN group features a small MinSOP package and a low number of external components, making the products ideal for compact designs.
Ideal for Isolated and Non-Isolated Applications
- Flybacks with positive and negative output rails
- Incorporates a multi-mode Quasi Resonant (QR) / CCM flyback controller, 725 V primary MOSFET, secondary voltage and current sensing, SR driver
- Integrated FluxLink™ feedback
- Compact package reduces PCB area
- High efficiency across load range
- Accurate CV/CC independent of transformer design or external components
- Easily meets 20% regulation limit on 5 V output during zero load to full-load transients
EcoSmart™ – Energy Efficient
- Less than 5 mW no-load at 230 VAC
- Enables designs that easily meet global energy efficiency regulations
- Achieves up to 90% full load efficiency
Advanced Protection / Safety Features
- Integrated output OVP
- Open-gate detection for SR FET
- Hysteretic thermal shutdown
- Overload power limited <15 W (5 V and <3 A)
- Using accurate internal CC (constant-current) limit
Full Safety and Regulatory Compliance
- Reinforced insulation with isolation voltage >4000 VAC
- 100% production Hipot testing
- UL1577, TUV (EN62368-1), CQC (GB4943.1) safety approved. VDE 0884-17 (EN60747-17) pending approval
- Enables designs that have “class A” performance criteria for EN61000-4 suite of test standards, including EN61000-4-2, 4-3 (30 V/m), 4-4, 4-5, 4-6, 4-8 (100 A/m) and 4-9 (1000 A/m)
- Halogen free and RoHS compliant