PSoC 6 bridges the gap between expensive, power hungry application processors and low‑performance microcontrollers (MCUs). The ultra‑low‑power PSoC 6 MCU architecture offers the processing performance needed by IoT devices, eliminating the tradeoffs between power and performance. The PSoC 6 MCU contains a dual‑core architecture, with both cores on a single chip. It has an Arm® Cortex®‑M4 for high‑performance tasks, and an Arm® Cortex®‑M0+ for low-power tasks, and with security built-in, your IoT system is protected.
Emerging IoT devices require increased processing and security without a penalty to cost and power.
PSoC 6 Dual-Core MCU Architecture
PSoC 64 Secure MCU Features
- Dual-core Arm® Cortex®-M4 and Cortex-M0+
- Up to 2MB on-chip Flash, 1MB SRAM
- Industry-leading ultra-low power consuming as little as 22-µA/MHz in active power
- Secure Processing Environment (SPE) and Non-Secure Processing Environment (NSPE)
- Hardware-based Root-of-Trust and Trusted Services
- Secure key storage
- Hardware-accelerated symmetric and asymmetric cryptographic operations
- Supports Firmware Over the Air (FOTA) updates with integrated cloud library support