The RSL10 SIP offers the easiest way to bring the industry's lowest power Bluetooth® Low Energy to wireless applications.
onsemi’s RSL10 SIP is a complete Bluetooth® Low Energy wireless system-in-package including a 2.4GHz radio transceiver, antenna and passive components. This is the easiest way to implement the industry’s lowest-power Bluetooth 5 Low Energy technology in wireless communication applications. Bluetooth 5 certified, and fully certified to worldwide wireless standards, the RSL10 SIP significantly reduces time to market by removing the need for any additional antenna design considerations.
RSL10 is a Bluetooth 5 certified, multi-protocol radio System on Chip (SoC) which brings ultra-low-power Bluetooth Low Energy to wireless applications.
Offering the industry’s lowest power consumption, RSL10 helps provide devices like heart rate monitors with advanced wireless features while optimizing system size and battery life.
Unlike most other multi-protocol radio SoCs, RSL10 is specifically designed for applications using 1.2 and 1.5 V batteries, and supports a voltage supply range between 1.1 and 3.3 V without a required DC/DC converter. The highly-integrated radio SoC features a dual-core architecture and a 2.4 GHz transceiver, providing the flexibility to support Bluetooth Low Energy and 2.4 GHz proprietary or custom protocols.
|Features : |
- Industry's lowest power consumption in Deep Sleep Mode (62.5 nW) and Rx in Receive Mode (7 mW)
- Industry's best EEMBC® ULPMark™ scores (1090 ULPMark CP @ 3 V; 1260 @ 2.1 V)
- Advanced Multi-Protocol Wireless Functionality:
- Rx Sensitivity: - 94 dBM
- Transmitting Power: -17 to +6 dBm
- Supports Bluetooth Low Energy and 2.4 GHz proprietary/custom protocols
- Supports Firmware Over The Air (FOTA)
- Flexible Voltage Supply Range (1.1 and 3.3 V):
Supports devices using 1.2 and 1.5 V batteries without a required external DC/DC converter
RSL10 is offered in a 5.50 mm2 WLCSP and a 6 x 6 mm QFN. For added miniaturization, the radio SoC is also available in a complete System-in-Package (SiP) solution.
- Sophisticated Dual-Core Architecture:
Features a programmable Arm Cortex-M3 processor for clocking speeds up to 48 MHz and the flexibility to support 2.4 GHz proprietary and custom protocol stacks. An embedded Digital Signal Processor (DSP) enables signal processing intensive applications, such as wireless audio codecs.
- On-Chip and Software Wireless Support:
Features a 2.4 GHz Radio Frequency Front-End (RFFE) and a Bluetooth 5 certified baseband controller which supports 2 Mbps data rates. A wide range of supported Bluetooth low energy protocols are provided in the RSL10 development tools kit.
- Highly-Integrated System-on-Chip (SoC):
The powerful dual-core architecture is complemented by high-efficiency power management units, oscillators, flash, and RAM memories, a DMA controller, and peripherals and interfaces.
- Other Key Technical Features:
- 384 kB of flash memory
- IP protection feature to secure flash contents
- Configurable analog and digital sensor interfaces (GPIOs, LSADs, I2C, SPI, PCM)