Laird Connectivity BL5340 Series - Multi-Core Bluetooth 5.2 + 802.15.4 + NFC Modules
Multi-Core/Protocol to jumpstart your Bluetooth LE wireless development project
The Laird Connectivity BL5340 Series Bluetooth Modules are the newest edition to the company’s Nordic Semiconductor-based Bluetooth LE portfolio. The BL5340 series is the most advanced, most secure and highest performing dual core MCU architecture wireless solution available.
This Laird Connectivity series of robust, tiny Bluetooth modules feature the Nordic nRF5340 SoC. It directly targets the highest performance with the lowest power budget, with variants featuring integrated Nordic nRF21540 PA/LNA for higher TX Power applications.
Featuring Bluetooth 5.2 including Isochronous Channels and LE Audio, the BL5340 module supports next generation Bluetooth audio for stereo streaming and broadcast audio.
BL5340 MCU Cores
Extend multi-protocol capabilities of the BL5340 module thanks to the dual-core Arm® Cortex-M33 microcontrollers of the series, which enable you to run a low power core focused purely on wireless connectivity, with a second higher performance core targeted for the end application itself.
Featuring a further enhanced ARM CryptoCell-312 including trusted execution, root-of-trust, and secure key storage security features, the Laird Connectivity BL5340 series brings out all nRF5340 hardware features and capabilities including USB access, up to +10 dBm certified for PA version (+3 dBm from SoC) transmit power, from 1.7V to 5.5V supply considerations, and a true industrial operating range of -40 to 105°C.
Summary of Benefits
- Nordic nRF5340 – 7x7 QFN with 48 GPIOs available.
- Dual Cortex M33 microcontroller cores
- Application processor - 128/64 MHZ M33 – 1MB Flash/512KB RAM (Including DSP Instructions)
- Network processor - 64 MHz M33 – 256KB Flash/64KB RAM
- Extended Industrial Temperature Rating (-40° to +105 °C)
- Module Choice: Main module (BL5340 with nRF5340) or power amplified variant (BL5340PA with nRF5340 + nRF21540)
- Antenna choice – integrated pre-certified PCB or Trace pad options
- Small form factor: as small as 15 x 10 x 2.2 mm (BL5340)
- Development choice: Zephyr RTOS or utilize Nordic nRF Connect SDK
- Bluetooth LE: Peripheral/Central, 2 Mbps (high throughput), LE Coded (long range), AoA/AoD, LE Audio / Isochronous Channels, Mesh
- Advanced Security: ARM TrustZone®, Root of Trust, ARM CryptoCell-312 & KMU, Access Control Lists, System Protection Unit, Encrypted QSPI
- Firmware Over the Air (FOTA) via MCUboot and Zephyr
- Fully featured development kits to jump start Bluetooth LE development
|Bluetooth Version||Chipset||Antenna Options|
|5.2||Nordic nRF5340||Integrated or External via SMT Pad|
|Certifications||FCC, ISED, EU, MIC, AS-NZS, Bluetooth SIG|
|Data Rate||1 Mbps, 2Mbps, 500 kbps, 125 kbps|
|Logical Interfaces||USB, UART, QSPI, SPI, I2S, I2C, PDM, PWM, ADC, GPIO, QDEC, Comparator, Low Power Comparator|
|Operating Temp (°C)||-40 °C - 105 °C|
|Power Consumption||BL5340: 5.3 mA @ +3 dBm TX |
4.1 mA @ 0 dBm TX
1.3 µA @ System On
.9 µA @ System Off
|Programming Options||Nordic nRF Connect SDK |
|Transmit Power (Radiated)||BL5340: Up to +5 dBm |
BL5340PA: Up to +10 dBm
|Wireless Specification||Bluetooth 5.2 |
802.15.4 (Thread and Zigbee)
| || |
| || |